VESC6 Cost and Who is It made for?

Hi, @Jaraya92881, the website clearly states: Price includes 20% VAT NON EU customers purchase VAT Free.
Deducting 20% is not to much of a job, and we believe most people are capable of that.

@Namasaki: The VAT will be deducted, once you check out. There is a simple reason for that: You could pick a shipping address in Europe, but have your billing address outside the EU. In that case we have to apply the VAT. So please go forward and have a look at the bill that is being generated before you finally pay.

@DougM : The cheapest offer is 187GBP (excl. VAT) if you buy 10, or if you purchase them with a twin drive board. We believe that is a very good price for a controller like the VESC 6. Well made motor controllers ainā€™t cheap

Frank

You could have a single strong motor, nearly as strong as a twin setup with lower spec controllers and motors. Itā€™s quite impressive what a strong single drive is capable of - more power than most people can deal with. Not everyone lives in SF or in Switzerland.

Iā€™m not sure if Brexit will ever happen. Poor Theresaā€¦ To bad when you promised the public something it canā€™t have. That tasty cake simply doesnā€™t exist. People and politicians will get real as soon as some major companies/banks will start moving to some other EU countries because they need real cake for survival. No matter what the outcome will be, it will not affect us to much.

Frank

I donā€™t see any problem with price. As every product you can choose between different price categories depending how you value that exact product. For example exaggerate by generalism 1000e Iphone 7 isnā€™t too expensive for me but 25e anti-spark switch is.

FOCBOX delivered to me cost 205e so VESC 6 isnā€™t that expensive for EU peopleā€¦

I think the exact price varies day to day due to rates, but generally Iā€™ve seen it in the $270-$300 USD range. I didnā€™t do any conversion. Just what the site says. Factor in group buys and we can get the price down a bit more. So between $70-$120 or so difference in price depending on rates and how many you buy. Never seen it at $360. Perhaps on a bad day for the dollar.

This entire thread.

1 Like

Donā€™t forget AXLE.

So what youā€™re telling me is i need to buy 10 at a time to get the price down to something close to reasonable.

ehhhā€¦ ok. If it really does all this stuff, ok.

I want the absolute best stuff i can get in my customerā€™s boxes, so if thatā€™s what youā€™re delivering, then thatā€™s what iā€™m buying.

3 Likes

Iā€™m waiting to hear back about support for a group buyā€¦If terms work out Iā€™ll do them at bulk cost + shipping to anyone states side and Europe.

3 Likes

iā€™ll participate in that if you get some good rates.

1 Like

Ditto on that. The only reason Iā€™d want to upgrade is to get reliable FOC. Iā€™ve never touched it due to the mixed results with 4.xx versions. I wonder if FOC on VESC 6 is any quieter. Iā€™ve heard from a couple people that FOC is just as loud as BLDC at high speeds.

FOC is completely silent even at high speeds, although Iā€™m running direct drive so my ERPM wonā€™t be as high. But FOC shouldnā€™t be any different on VESC 6 than 4.xx. Just possibly more stable.

1 Like

made a quick video of 50A accelerating and -16A braking of the SK6374 with my german FOC vesc. its interesting, cause its only really ninja-silent when its slow and from mid-speed onwards to the max its nearly as loud as bldc. not sure if its simply the sound the motor makes or if the sound can be attributed to the driving ESC?

From this thread:

Well I can tell you on my carvon v2.5 @ 36mph itā€™s just as silent as it is at low speed. Could be the type of motor, or that a belt drive motor is spinning much faster at high speeds.

With my Jacob Hubs FOC was also only really silent at low speeds. One has to say though that at high speeds both modes are quiet compared to road noise and wind.

iā€™m disappointed to hear about all these quiet motors.

Motors should be large, loud, and arrogant. They should warble loudly as if to say ā€œHEY. Iā€™VE GOT A PAIR. WHEREā€™S YOURS? HAHAHAHAHA!ā€ and they should make everyone else feel terrible about themselves personally.

Shame on all of you.

17 Likes

Well I switched back to BLDC :wink:

But kidding aside: In a country where esk8ing is illegal I am not going for a super loud setup - you have to fly under the radar to not get caught. So its better to esk8 silently than not esk8 at all.

3 Likes

Naw! Thereā€™s something ominous about the feeling of being pushed along @30mph silently by evil spirits

5 Likes

Donā€™t get me wrong, I personally love the loud hum of bldc. However itā€™s a bit awkward riding slowly down a trail with my girlfriend going BRRRRR at 5mph

2 Likes

I think my vesc x/ focbox has had zero issues switching between foc and bldc. Not saying @trampa doesnā€™t have a good product personally itā€™s out of my budget right now and I canā€™t justify it. But Iā€™m just saying if u donā€™t have the money you can settle for a focbox and still have a reliable setup

Yea thatā€™s true, I was really tempted to hop on @JohnnyMeduseā€™s offer. Honestly though not sure if the square shape of it will fit in my setup. My 4.12ā€™s literally dont have a millimeter to give in the enclosure.