Village Cruiser | Blank 36.5” Cruiser deck | Torque 6374 190kv | 10s4p Li-Ion | Caliber II 44 deg | 83mm Flywheel clones | Torque ESC VESC-- UPDATE: she lives/lived

I’m not sure, can I see some more upright pics of your setup from different angles? Im not sure what it is bt something doesn’t seem right.

1 Like

Don’t mind the tape-- Taking measurements for the enclosure. I think if I kick the wires straight out and have them loop around like the picture below, it should allow for enough slack in the wires to avoid getting pulled. Curious to hear thoughts tho. This is my first rodeo

1 Like

Hmmm, nothing looks wrong with it, I must have been crazy the first time I looked at it. You could try using a longer belt to increase that distance but honestly I think you are fine like the setup in the last picture. I am running my wires like in that picture and i have no problems.

I have my wires like that on both my eboards and never had issues, i clamped them to my deck so no movement, just incase.

I’m working through VESC setup. I got motor detection done and adjusted my settings. I’m able to control the motor with my keyboard, however, I can’t get my receiver to control it. I feel like I’m probably overlooking something pretty simple…

Any thoughts?

1 Like

I don’t have a VESC in front of me to verify but from the markings it looks like the servo connector is backwards. You have it correct on the receiver. Also did you set the min/max ppm values in the PPM tab? The values look standard. The auto wizard works quite well to set these values.

Also of your using Nico’s firmware why not watt control no reverse with brake?

Hope that helps! Jared

2 Likes

Thanks, @JLabs! That worked.

I haven’t gotten far enough to understand watt control vs current. I’ll do some reading, but is it more or less click and play or would I need to adjust other settings elsewhere?

Basically click and play. You can then go to the throttle control tab and adjust the acceleration and brakes. Nico has good tutorials in the thread:

Let me know if you have any other questions about it!
1 Like

So I finally (almost) completed this build today. I got her out for a test ride, but it was short lived. Before final assembly and test ride I somehow fried my charging port while I was trying to put it in place. Decent pop and spark. I think I’m Gonna have to order another one.

Final:

I too kind her out for a quick test ride and it was great…until it wasn’t. One of the motor wires got pulled into the motor and got ~50% shredded.

It still functions, however, I don’t know how safe it is. Is it possible to solder over the strands, heat shrink and run like that? Or will I need to re-wire or replace the motor?

1 Like

Can you? Yes totally. soldering and taping will work.

Should you? No, not really. it would be better to replace it.

In the Long run, I say fix the wire properly. if you’re just trying to ride today, id say fuck it, solder and tape it up, then hit the road. Also, I’d recommend tying/taping your wires to your deck, so it doesn’t happen again.

Might work: https://www.amazon.com/CableWholesale-Cable-Clip-White-Pieces-200-961/dp/B000I97FHY

2 Likes