Volt regulator for 24V 5000mAh batteries

I made the assumption that he was using a lipo due to the 2 3s 5000mah batteries in series reference but you’re both right. It was an assumption I should have not made. On the the other hand I monitor my battery mah charged and I have found that my example of 3.5-3.6v worked best and would account for using approximately 80% of the battery capacity thus causing my batteries to get get hundreds of charges out of them before the batteries having issues and having to remove them from service. Like I said I wasn’t trying to ruffle any feathers and I hope I didn’t.

Nope! No ruffling here, just want to make sure new people reading the forum follow safe practices with their batteries :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, me too. I want to make sure if someone finds this a long time from now it’s clear that those numbers are for certain cell chemistries only.

No :fire:

@b264 Could you make a electric scheme? Because right now it isn’t very clear to me. The way I drew the balance wires was for my original 6s BMS with two LiPo’s. My biggest question is mostly. Do I need to connect any balance wires of the other two batteries to the BMS? It would be very helpful if you could draw an electric scheme.

I can draw something for you after work if you like. The batteries need to share balance leads to the BMS. So there should be a connection point for the two leads from your 2packs of 0-3S(2 balance groups -> into one -> to BMS). And same for 3S-6S balance wires.

There should be a whole thread of electric schematics.

@linsus That would be great. I find it very hard to communicate electric schemes through words and so. Most of the time when I try to draw an electric scheme based of words I’m incorrect.

@b264 What exactly do you mean by that?

@linsus @b264 By the way, these are the parallel pieces I put together. Only need to buy some heat shrink from the store.

I mean in this forum the is one entire thread full of schematics already. You can look around

Those are cold solder joints. Make sure the wire and the connector are both hot enough to melt the solder and you’re not dripping it on like lava.

The connection that I can see on the black one looks good.

Don’t strip the wire more than you need to.

Hope this makes sense to you

@b264 I understand. What I do is at first I put a bit of solder on the connector and then saturate the copper wire with solder. Then I just try to fill in the hole that’s left with solder. I don’t know if that’s the best way to do it, but it works.

@linsus I only see two batteries?

It needs to get hotter. It’s not hot enough to weld the metals together.

Look again

1 Like

@b264 I don’t have acces to a welding machine, but this can be soldered just as well right?

@linsus I see it now. My only question is: why does the lower top battery need to be connected to B3 as well?

It doesnt, just showing you that its the same node

LoLz soldering is a form of welding. I meant soldering. Sorry :stuck_out_tongue: