Voltage sag? Board cuts out on full throttle during acceleration

Alright, so do it again, but this time make sure it doesn’t turn off and plug it into your computer, go to terminal in BLDC tool, and type faults to see if you got any faults.

Fault : FAULT_CODE_DRV8302 Current : 156.0 Current filtered : -75.2 Voltage : 39.07 Duty : 0.56 RPM : 14919.8 Tacho : 623 Cycles running : 735 TIM duty : 3961 TIM val samp : 1867 TIM current samp : 5436 TIM top : 7137 Comm step : 5 Temperature : 28.63

Oof, yea that sucks, you’ll need a new DRV8302 chip. It’s a bit tricky to solder on so you’ll have to learn surface mount soldering or give it to someone who can do it for you.

Vesc-x can recover from DRV Error :wink:

@trigger4point7 try to put your max current at round 150 at first if it does it again try 175.

Edit: If your are using a nano-x remote, be sure to open the remote first and then push the throttle Forward and Backward at there max first before opening the board.

Edit 2: Also @trigger4point7 don’t push the throttle at max in one second when jump up on your board do it gradually, the nano-x remote is very responsive, and the transistor are faster to act on the vesc-x, so in some case it will over rush the current.

What is this wizardly? The VESC-X can self heal? :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Well, it’s much more simple, the transistor are faster than the drv, so unlike the old version, they are doing there job wright, and cut before braking the drv :wink:

ah is this why people are saying it’s “FOC-proof”? On the other hand, it’d be harder to spot a legit burnt DRV8302 ya?

I’ve only see a hand full of legitimate burn drv…

But if you look at the current (show around 156A, in the picture post over), on a real burn drv (on mosfet) it will show 0.0A

Thanks @JohnnyMeduse I gave it a shot, I set the Absolute Max to 150 and then 175 and saw the same issue. I’m religous about calibrating the remote before use. I had a “Phantom Throttle” issue (without touching the remote the throttle would just jump to max, calibrating the remote seemed to fix it). It seems odd that it would just start to happen, I’ve been riding with the same riding style for the one week I’ve had it working.