[W2B] Pre-built kit

Cheers buddy, in the end, I was already subscribed. I suppose it’s the same as for the whole BKB website :wink:

Something wrong with yours then. I have both and the only difference is a much smoother esc. The v1 was jerky and snatchy but the v2 is nice and linear. That might explain the supposed difference in power but they both climb the same gradients and top out at the same speed.

the v1 accelerates faster then the v2

Mine doesn’t. V1 is just sharper on the throttle. Gives a quick start but not enough to make it quicker off the line.

Do you have both? I’ve got 2 right now but did have 4. 2 v1 and then 2 v2’s. Did a bunch of tests for kieran way back when. Nothing youtuby just some feedback and they both accelerate the same. 1st gen esc’s had a few issues with regard to sensors giving out and when they do the thing has a bit more power. Doesn’t cog either so its hard to pick up on. I’m guessing your v1 has fucked sensors.

Way to tell is to come to a stop and then hit reverse. If it stutters before going back the sensors have gone.

1 Like

I used to have meepo hubs v1 (red thane), and still have two meepo v1 esc’s RN, tried a V2, it didn’t seem as punchy

Ah that’s probably why. It seems on both of my esc’s the sensors are gone.

Only my belt drive version esc substitute does not shutter a bit when going backwards

Improves the torque, not a lot but noticeable. I run without sensors on those chinese esc’s now.

1 Like

You don’t really even need sensors on the esc substitutes…

My belt drive did not cog at all from a standstill with no sensors

@ZachTetra do you get cogging?

Screenshot_20190428-004938

Found this online, it seems the v1.5 edges out V2 by 0.5 seconds in 5-15

Nah, clean start up below 10 degree slope on asphalt

She cries on steep slopes and rocky terrain even with both motors sensored though, then again they are old hub motors that pull less than 800W combined and get hot after 5 minutes full power

1 Like

Nothing I could feel riding. I mean with this type of board its hard to compare because slow is slow. We just had a speed gun at 2 set distances and both versions hit the same speed at the same point give or take the odd k. Whether the 0 - 15 differed we didn’t test but both hit the top speed at the same distance. Also both pulled up hills the same. Again nothing noticeably different to the not anal user.

1 Like

It’s the best out there right now and so well made and priced very well.