Want to help boom the esk8 market? Lets do it

I dont really have a plan, but im just rooting back to what got me to join the esk8 community. I saw a youtube video of a guy in a magic carpet, and that led me to like electric skateboards and its amazing community. How did you get here?

• Joined esk8 because i saw it in a video
  • Joined esk8 because i saw it the streets
  • Joined esk8 because i stumbled upon it online
  • Joined esk8 because a friend told me

0 voters

Now, what got me here is just one video, imagine if the streets were filled with electric skateboards, or youtube with trending videos of electric skateboards, and taking this from a niche market to a worldwide one. We already have CaseyNeistat to thank along with other youtubers.

The half-baked plan here is simple, us owners, to do marketing and let companies build the quality stuff. just humble-brag about your skateboard, make videos about it, and if you are a company, sell stickers with links, QR codes for people to embed on their boards, or send youtubers some boards to try out.

Will you help?

• Yes
  • Yes but in white

0 voters

I might be very wrong, hence the “half-baked” name. If you have any suggestions, please say em!

Don’t build boards that exceed 30mph (48km/h) and the general public will like us more and feel less compelled to make laws restricting speed or power – or our existance at all. Because you know they’d choose 500W / 20mph (32 km/h) instead which we all know is ridiculous, especially the 500W part

6 Likes

if you really want a fast board, keep yourself from going at crazy speeds when people are around And for gods sake wear helmets!

5 Likes

Or, build boards that are fast af, but use them responsibly and only flex when it won’t annoy/endanger drivers/pedestrians.

5 Likes

Just to be clear, I advocate getting to 30mph (48km/h) as fast as possible, but just topping-out there. But I definitely need zero to max in 2 seconds :smirk:

8 Likes

This is definately a something to be discussed in another topic, but you made a good point, in which we have tobe liked by the public

@b264 if tesla can get a car 0-60 in 2 seconds… we should be able to get a board 0-30 in 2 seconds lol

3 Likes

I’m fairly sure my board is doing damn near zero to 30 in 2 seconds as is lol

3 Likes

0-30 in 2 secs flat… ez… if I had a 6 wheel drive 13s hummie build… and having money would help… :frowning:

1 Like

The root of all struggles in esk8

6 Likes

The root of this topic itself

1 Like

In the weight class our vehicles are in, wouldn’t getting to that speed that fast cause the front to lift up?

@kalebludlow proper weight distribution and bindings would be a must to do that time. Has anyone actually timed their boards?

1 Like

I’m sure I could forge a “nose guard” that could weigh a good 5-10 lbs lol… It’d be great for bombing hills xD

Not if you lean forward enough :smirk:

giphy%20(3)

6 Likes

Interesting thread OP. You should add “Other reason”.

Edit2 : Nevermind, found the closest one.

1 Like

Thanks man, just trying to make a change

Doing it all wrong, you dont stand on it, you lay on it!