Warhorse | Five Mile Warhorse | 83mm Flywheels | Tacon 160 | Single Drive | 8s4p li-ion | Nunchuk | VESC

According to the BOM of the VESC it is the second one: 595-DRV8302DCA

They are both the same part, different packaging.

1 Like

Purchased a 8s 60A Batterysupport BMS and 24 LG HG2 li-ion cells for a 8s3p battery. Wondering if this BMS diagram I drew is correct?

1 Like

Looks great

1 Like

Thank you so much! I was pretty confused by the diagram Batterysupport provided :grinning:

Looking good

Started working on this thing again for the past 2 days. Ordered the remaining parts a week and a half ago. I should finish for sure within the next two weeks. I’m leaving tomorrow on vacation though. Was aiming to finish the board so I could take it but my 3d printed chaka cell holders have yet to come :frowning: I started the project almost a year ago and I here to FINISH!

8s4p with chaka style cell level fuses and I have a psychotiller 405 enclosure. Also ordered a benchwheel remote.

1 Like

Using hg hg2 cells but probably should have gone with Samsung Q30 but oh well…

Santa Monica is nice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

HG2 are better than 30Q. 30Q are only preferred because they are cheaper.

You sure according to this website which I believe you link. http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650comparator.php 30Q seem to preform better than hg2 cells. Or am I reading it wrong?

The 30Q have less sag but get hotter than the HG2. Just look at the 20A discharge and you can see that the 30Q test had to be aborted earlier than the HG2 one due to heat. Since you will most probably not use this type of current continuously the 30Q might be considered better - however higher temperature also means shorter life of your pack.

1 Like

Almost done with the battery. Just need to connect the balence leads and charger. Also I had to make 8 of the cell holders out of wood cause 3d hubs refused to print my second order claiming the cell holders could not be printed. Anyways got it all working. Picture!

1 Like

One question. I have a battery support BMS and was wondering if I could connect a switch to these 2 pads on the bms? I read somewhere in the forum that it could potentially be used as an e-switch like on a bestech bms.

1 Like

Also can someone change the title to 8s4p liion. Thanks.