Was this a bad idea....VESC

i didn’t say it was bad

just pointing out a possibly easier alternative

1 Like

More like a shittier or more expensive alternative And applying paste is not hard unless your very very lazy :rofl:

1 Like

A zip tie around will hold the heatsinks down

2 Likes

At what heat do zipties melt?

1 Like

Above vesc operating temp lol

2 Likes

Your right! better than using tape or heatsrink lol you know because it would insulate it.

1 Like

if your vesc is melting zipties you’ve got bigger problems :rofl:

3 Likes

Hahah right !!! I’m about to head to FRY’s store (computer place) and find some Adhesive thermal paste. Don’t like the fact the paste I used don’t permanently stick. It moves and kinda worry the vibration could move the heat sinks

1 Like

Your vesc lie to you…

i’ve also got the drv in contact with the heatsink. do you have the plastic focbox cover touching the heatsink? if so it’s not doing anything… :rofl:

That’s the aluminum bottom on the heatsink

But not anymore

1 Like

ahhhhh. I also don’t pull anywhere near the current you do. on average i pull about 15a per vesc on acceleration even tho my settings are set for 25a per vesc…

Mines are set for 60a each. 65a motor

Plus that was a really steep hill.

I run 120a motor max -30a motor min 27a batt max -12a batt min

per vesc

not sure why but having motor max that high feels sooo much better than the 60a i used to have it at

But somehow I killed one motors Hall sensor after I went up the hill

1 Like

Just put some thermal glue on it. I’m happy with it as it doesn’t move now :metal:t4:

Do you have a Bluetooth module to tell you what kind of motor amps you are pulling?