Was up Es8ers. Somewhat new to this

Was up community, I’ve been riding an EMBoard out here in the desert for awhile. I’m planning a from the ground up build but I gotta save up for what I want. My streets suck here in SoCal at least in the HD. If anyone is here from the High Desert in Cali hmu I need some people to ride with. But if anyone has experience building a board for the desert lmk. Thanks Esk8 community for letting me be apart of it all :v:

2 Likes

Not really sure what your question is. I guess a good tip would be to get some off road wheels and extra dust protection like neoprene.

But welcome

Not much of a question. I guess just if you have built a mountain board or something to the extent. But mostly my post is about hopefully finding some people near me to ride with. Obviously off road tires. I can’t find any good inhub motors for off road actually so if you know where that would helpful

There are no any good hub motors for e-mtb i know of and are available for purchase.

You can have a look here in the map of user

Maybe somebody is close to your location

3 Likes

That’s dope thanks but yeah looks like I’m the only Cali desert Rider lol.

Not all are listed there. It’s just who wanted to place his account in the map. I‘m sure there is somebody close by :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Makes sense. So I guess I’ll have to design my own

Look a bit around here. Some guys here made some hub or direct drive for e mtbs. I can’t say if they really perform well but as min they can give you some inspiration, maybe :sweat_smile:

Why you want to go with a hub solution and not regular with normal outrunner and belt/chain or gear drive?

1 Like

I just like as little parts showing as possible. I want it to be very stealthy looking. I also like the idea of hub motors. I have a design for direct drive that acts like an inhub.

1 Like
1 Like

Your an hour late. @Andy87 got you beat.

1 Like

Lmao cheeky bastard. Hooray for consistency lol

3 Likes

:fist_right::fist_left::muscle:

2 Likes

Found this

2 Likes

It’s not that hub motors for off-road wheels don’t exist it’s just that most arent very good quality. Idk about the quality of those hub motors they look a lot like the ones on the backfire ranger

1 Like

@Hummie hubs!

2 Likes

Or just go gear drive. About to be some amazing gear drives hitting the streets.

5 Likes

Im looking to have my own design machined what are the pros of gear drive vs direct or inhub

@moon

1 Like

Just saying this, you won’t be getting quality hub motors from China any time soon

5 Likes