Water and dust proofing a mountain boards motors

One thought on that idea. You are aware that when you turn around corners on wheel will turn faster than the other? If they connected on one axle i‘m not sure if it wouldn’t cause any problems in this situation.

@Santino Gearing for 18km/h is no point. You will most likely like to go faster sooner or later. You can gear it to 35km/h and still have it popping unintentional wheelies.

@CCU One thing to remember when only using one motor/esc is that you have less power than on a dual setup, and your esc will need to deliver alot more current. The double if you want similar performance as a dual setup. Therefore you must make sure that you choose a controller that can deliver this. For example standard focbox without cooling is too little. Vesc6 might handle it, but you make sure that you find a way to cool your esc effectively, othervise it will get super hot.

1 Like

If you geared it to 18km /h I’m pretty sure it would just be completely useless at anything BUT ripping your lawn up 🤷

Yes. I’m aware that the outside wheel would normaly want to turn faster. But since it will be drivin off-road, I don’t foresee it as a problem. Think about 4WD cars. When going off-road they lock there differentials.

I have 2 SK3 192kv 4000w motors. I don’t think lack of power will be a problem. They will be run with 2 VESC 6 with ample cooling

So it will be 4wd? Power shouldnt be a issue then.

Yes. as mentioned earlier their will be 1 motor both front and back driving all 4 wheels. The linking of 2 wheels is to try and get a little better power transfer without buying 2 additional motors and ESC’s. Though later it could easily be converted to having 4 motors, if I get hit really hard in the head.

I see, just didnt know you where doing 4wd. If you check out my build thread (still work in progress), you can see how I did it.

Yes you are right…