Watt Hour to Mile Estimates 15-25WH per Mile, is that fair?

Shit that’s bad…

Have seen nothing but inefficient results from people with the new 2.1 hubs.

1 Like

almost 17km with Raptor 2.1 and 97mm wheels.

It’s like 40Wh/mile or 24Wh/km/h…pretty bad

The WH of the battery is the last factor to how much range you would get out of it. Before you know how much range, you have to take into account so many other factors. That’s why all these guys give different answers, they all have different riding styles, environments, and specs and setups. Honestly the best answer to how much range will I get, is to go for 10 rides in different places, ride fast, slow, uphill, downhill. Then have someone that weighs 50-100lbs more or less than you and have them do the same 10 rides. Then average your wh usage over these rides and that will give you an average. Still though you WH usage can drastically change with every ride. Or not if you only take your board on a single route, like around a flat track. Hope this helps.

my last 13 mile ride on bike paths, average speed 14.5mph, 12wh/mile with single sk3 6374 192kv 6s lipo, 90mm 78a wheels. i’m 155lbs.

That’s ideal, but when you are the planning stages you can’t go for 10 runs. I was trying to explain to someone what battery size and WH roughly equates into for range. The end numbers I used are 15 to 25 WH per mile, which after reading the responses I think is pretty fair

It is fair but the range you get between 15wh and 25wh is drastic. It’s fair but very inaccurate. Thus the reason that so many Chinese Board companies inflate specs. Because being fair a 12 year old at 100lbs will absolutely go farther than a grown man at 165lbs. In this way your 15-25 is not fair, simply because each individual is going to use a completely different amount of energy. 15-25 is accurate I suppose for a standard board but when you’re talking Mountain Board vs. skateboard, I get on average riding in San Diego, around 37wh/m on a dual set up. If I gear down my wh usage also goes down. If I change my vesc specs, my wh usage goes up. If I change from 8” wheels to 4”wheels I get 18wh/m on a dual set up. After all this you have to take into account that there is so much that goes into wh usage. It’s not just a simple equation or spectrum. It’s a very individual number based on many factors. You would literally have to split the boards into sections, and subsections on top of subsections to get an average or a spectrum.

https://calc./#/0

That link is an Esk8 calculator. For this to be as accurate as possible you need to know your setup efficiency as well as wh/km but with this tool you can at least estimate range before you know the exact numbers. Good luck with your plan and your build!