We don't want more hub thin thane!

The usual Hub motor conversation:

@pixelsilva How about the thane thickness? Sick of all hub motors with thin sleeves. Now that you will enjoy some form of cooling with that air flow over the motor why not installing thick PU ?

@sk8l8r agreed… sounded cool until the same old thin thane

@pixelsilva Yeah, why? …well I know why (@Hummie told me). Is all heat exchange. Motor temperature rises, but if is covered by thick Uro layer, heat will not disipate properly. Thats why Sleeves are so thin. But is time for a changes. We want hub motors covered by thick PU.

Now, could someone pleaseeee produce a decent hub motor with thick thane? We Esk8ers demand big thaned hub motors. Enough of that super thin covers.

2 Likes

Heat 10char

1 Like

Yeah, but then?

Belt, gear or direct drive. It’s a flawed concept.

3 Likes

Maybe someone can develop a thermal PU something that can transfer heat

2 Likes

You could be right. Looks like a dead end.

1 Like

I agree with flawed concept. I have yet to try a hub motor that satisfies me and I used to own a Raptor 2

2 Likes

I an Acton Qu4tro…

U rode carvon yet brojita? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I road the Carvon Evo prototype in January, granted it was a prototype not a finished product but it has maybe half the torque of the Raptor 2 but more top speed. I didn’t like it. Also that’s a direct drive I think there is a future for direct drive but not hubs lol

2 Likes

tbh, I wanna see some 6"- 8" pneumatic speed based hubs w/ a 13" hanger and 10mm-12mm axle

2 Likes

You can start with Trampa’s new 12-Fifties hanger with 9.525mm axles (minus that annoying hump)…

Yeah I haven’t tried to 2 wheel drive config maybe that’s a little bit slower

1 Like

sorry i wont support any trampa products, nor should any other designer unless they plan to sell their product and all its rights to them for less than what its worth lol… or the alternative of getting cut off from buying their parts

3 Likes

I thought you had the XL drives? I tried the speed drives.

1 Like

Sdr4wd. I wanted the xl, alas I was too slow Still fast as shit, I understand the low end torque is ok on tiller wheels. His maytech 4wd is just fkn disguisting though. Any speed

2 Likes

Carvon recommends 4wd for anyone over 250lbs anyway lol

Yours must ride really nice

1 Like

Do you think I can get more speed if I put the system on 13s

1 Like

Yeah of course you will but for me that’s pushing the ESC to close to the limits. Some guys still risk it but I won’t unless I have another esc that can handle it.

1 Like

I’m going to 40amp today on battery c how that helps. I think part of my issue is the 4p also.

1 Like