Weather Forecasts

I swear, I never really cared about or knew the weather forecast until I started eboarding.

Now I feel like I always know the forecast at least a week out and plan my week and commute this way.

On that note: what apps are y’all using for weather?

I use Weather Underground most of the time in Manhattan.

6 Likes

stock samsung weather widget :slight_smile:

its decent :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah, before I think I might of checked the weather once a month if that. Now I check the night before and flip through the hourly daily. I use the weather channel app and I check the radar and fast forward it to see if I’ll get caught in the rain or not.

The worst part is when you head out to esk8 the weather is clear, go get some food, hang out, then when you want to head back the road is wet from drizzle. My board is not water proof enough for that type of riding.

3 Likes

All of the guys in Chicago rely on DarkSky.

1 Like

windy widget

1 Like

storm radar is excelent for really accurate weather predictions in the next few hours

2 Likes

glad its not just me :slight_smile:

I even started to take note of wind direction - nothing worse than heading out a lunch for relaxation to find your heading into a 30mph wind :wink:

1 Like

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

;-;

hahhahaha…thats so true! Before I started Eskating i gave a fuck about the weather,too. Because of that i chose a board which is waterproof, so bad weather sucks anyways, but i can use it if its raining or not.

I think @b264 would ride through a snowstorm while a zombie apocalypse is happening, Because his esk8 is more serious than a soccer mom’s minivan.

6 Likes

http://rain-alarm.com is awesome, live radar maps rain - they also have an app which will alert you to incoming rain.

The absolute best forecasts are the aviation forecasts.

3 Likes

BOM Weather is the Bureau of Meteorology’s weather app…Brisbane

Like @DavidBanner http://rain-alarm bom is used here for extensively for aviation boating eskate…lol There web site is excellent http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR663.loop.shtml

Between 88 to 99 I was crew chief hot air ballooning over Brisbane. We lived and breathed the met report. It would be compiled by the civil aviation authority taken 3 am airport Morton bay. To old for us but good enough to decide whether to go back to bed. We would be want to fly 6.30 7 am calm. We would put up our own helium balloons to get actual info to determine possible launch areas. Hopefully putting us in good areas to land. Brisbane being a sea of above ground power utilities. Danger Will Robinson…lol

who needs weather forecast when it’s the same weather everyday #bayarea

2 Likes

When it does rain here it seems to happen perfectly in the middle of the night

It’s raining every day here… if it’s not, than it’s snowing… :sweat_smile:

Not ready for winter… I need to build a board capable of riding in fairly heavy rain.

Wouldn’t be perfect for me, because im always skating the empty streets at night hahahahaha