After 5 months of waiting for parts I can finally build my board. The problem is that there is some kind of weird noise inside of one of my motors. It only appears on one motor, and if I swap the phase wires the motor appears on the other side. The noise goes away if I brake 100%, or sometimes for a short while if I don’t (you can hear it in de video).
This is the noise I’m talking about:
Here are some of the configurations I got, I think the issue lies at connector 2:
Let’s go over every component any try to eliminate as much components as possible:
- Motors: If I swap the phase wires the issue appears on the other motor. As the motors stay the same but the issue does not the motors are eliminated.
- Remote: I fail to see how a remote could cause one motor to make a weird noise no matter what position the joystick is in.
- Sensor wires: I tried to run it sensorless, but I got the same issue.
- PPM: I’m using UART, and changing to PPM does not change the symptoms.
- Battery: What the hell does the battery have to do with motor noise?
- Board: ^ s/battery/board
This leaves the Unity as the only probable cause of this issue.
This all would not have been so bad (shit happens) if there was any support from Enertion whatsoever. First of I turned to the forum, as you guys are awesome. I want to thank anyone who tried to help me, I really appreciate it!
The other forum:
I also tagged most of the Enertion guys directly, no response.
I also send a support request 4 (!) days ago, but I have yet to receive a response which is not automated.
I don’t think urgent means there what it means here… I am protected by European law, but I don’t feel like going that route. I would much more like to go the route of actually solving the issue. I’ll tag them again: @carl.1, @CarlCollins, @adrianenertion, @barajabali or @Deodand. Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on, because I’m so close to throwing in the towel. I just want to ride :(. My support ticket is #82023.