Wet leaves break belts

Just broken 2 belts at the same moment having ridden through a woodland…

The leaves built up in the grooves of my pullies till the belts snapped… I know @b264 had a similar issue with ice…

No board fun this weekend now. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Also @Skunk injured due to leaves on the ground :frowning:

5 Likes

13 Likes

Those leafy motherfuckers…

6 Likes

Shaggy is that yooobedobedoooo?

6 Likes

Fuck you’re a weird looking guy. :heart:

6 Likes

Hows the truck?

I feel like there’s a joke somewhere there…just waiting…

4 belts broken, snapped in half, from snow building up on the pulley making it bigger around and tightening the belt until it breaks. Need someone like @torqueboards or @Boardnamics to innovate a mount with a spring-tensioned motor :smiley: or just use chains or axial direct drive for a winter board

8 Likes

Yeah, I ride hubs from my first day Eskating, but i would prefer chains instead of belts if i would ride outrunner motors. I totally like the sound of chains, too hahahaha I my opinion chains are much more solid and reliable then belts, but i never experienced that by myself, its just what i think.

4 Likes

Just seal that belt up? I suppose any drive train would benefit from being enclosed in these conditions?

Would some sort of belt cover prevent this? I’m just thinking about what I could do to my board once its running.

There were belt covers

Snow goes in the same hole the belt goes in

2 Likes

So its just unavoidable since that gap is going to be there no matter what?

1 Like

If you were going to cover the belt assembly enough to keep all snow out, you might as well put gears inside at that point.

4 Likes

I was just about to ask that, wouldn’t it be a waste of time and you should just go gears then!

I want to try gears out, but I need to get my first build done so I can see what a decent belt driven system feels like. My only reference is my wife’s boosted XR+.

Correction. He’s a weird looking Skunk. Looks a lot like one of those pesky humans. I always thought @Skunk was one of our ultra minority, Animal American forum members. There are so few these days. Just destroyed my illusion of him chasing around lady skunks trying to be charming, but really just stalking and harassing them. Basically, the American stoner version of this persistently creepy weirdo. SX425

Same eyes, at least. s-l300

1 Like

Wait Wait Wait…I thought a bunch of you guys insisted belts were stretchy? Or was it that they dissolved in water? I can’t remember…

6 Likes

Beer, they dissolve in beer. Ask @akhlut and @sender what happens when they spill theirs over the pulleys.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure it involves tears

5 Likes