What 3D/CAD models do you need? 3D files CAD request thread

I haven’t made it yet.

thanks in advance @Pantologist . i will be waiting patiently.

Idk I just setup an amount on OnShape and started making the mount. They have videos to yeah you the basics.

do you have a 3d scanner? if so i’ll send you one of my decks. I need a model of it.

I have a hand held scanner, but that gives you a point cloud(think kinect). I have to check if it can be converted to CAD format easily.

Does it work just like that? It just scans and creates a 3D file?

Dang it’s that’s easy! Should I just get a Kinect? Or should I get an actual scanner? How accurate is scanning with dimensions?

2 Likes

Now, how safe will this be. Nylon has some flex to it as well. The clamp will definitely need a wider clamping space due to how much more flexible nylon is compared to aluminum and other mount materials.The mount is also going to be connected to a potentially 70C motor and higher.

It won’t be safe at all with nylon. I wouldn’t trust it.

What about this idea. When it starts raining or it has been raining then the roads are wet. Is it possible to 3D print mudguards that snap on or slide over a caliber truck? This way the water on the roads are no problem because it stays in the mudguards and it doesn’t splash on the battery enclosure.

Only problem is the side with the motor and belt. Is there somebody that can help with the 3D design and collaborate if this is a good idea or not?

Thx!

1 Like

I like the idea but water will still be something to watch out for.

It is indeed something to watch out for but in belgium the weather can shift very fast. It is to protect my board if i come to/from work and it suddenly starts to rain or the roads are still wet or there are some puddles you can’t avoid. Would be cool to don’t care about it and just go :slight_smile:

Mud guards are super useful. I am adding them to the list.

1 Like

I don’t avoid riding in rain for a different reason. I streeted my ass after hydroplaning.

1 Like

I am wondering, does anyone have the measurements for caliber (and/or paris) trucks? Been searching but couldnt find them and dont have mine around these days :frowning:

Measurements of the hanger diameter? For making mounts and other mounting thingies?

Yup that would be great

I am working on the the mud guard and snap on pulley. Sharing on GitHub today. You can make changes or modifications and send me a pull request.

1 Like