What are the real details of the VESC 6?

You are assumming that new people joining this forum are similar to the existing ones.

I see nothing wrong buying trampa’s complete, it’s high quality and support at a cost. I also see nothing wrong with DYI-ing your way around and milking every $. To each its own. Maybe you’re in your 20’s and have time and no money, maybe you’re 45 and it’s the other way around.

Trampa will always have a sales pitch. Good for them I say, whatever it takes to make quality shit available and iterate until it gets better. Market and time will tell. But seems to me people are having an issue with the idea of it, not the end game.

We all know that newcomers arent the ones that spend the most on their first build too, compared to the ones that have been in the game for several years. Trampas are expenisve either way.

I guess you can build a less expensive emtb if you want to, but the majority of diy emtb`s here cost more than a pre-built trampa. In many cases- way more.

There’s nothing wrong with it, but buying a Trampa complete just to save in a VESC? Lol no

No one saying it’s wrong , no one cares about a Trampa complete. But saying buying one saves you money on a builders forum ? Fuck out of here, and this is coming from the guy willing to spend endless amount of money just so he doesn’t have to solder a single joint on a build.

Trampa sales pitch and how they go about is another matter for another time, but ain’t no way they’re going to come on here and have the audacity to say that ESCape is going to cost more with their own overpriced esc by buying a complete Drive Train.

1300 for a unbreakable custom spec board with VESC 6 and deck integrated cables and Carbon Monster Box for 1Kwh of LiPo Battery incl. Remote and Bluetooth module, LCD Battery indicator, bindings and all cables and connectors is not expensive. We are actually offering to cheap.

Frank

2 Likes

But you’ll have to buy a $300-700 battery too. Also I guess the 1300 is In pounds?

You have to buy the battery you want. If you are DIY, you can make a nice pack yourself. Sure Pound, we are a British company. Still a deal and a lot better in value than all other commercial boards out there. Quality to the buck is still unmatched. Trampa stocks all the stuff, we are no cash upfront and deliver 6 months later company. All of our boards are custom made to spec and usually delivered within 4-5 days after purchase. Just had a customer from California, who could not believe that the postman knocked on his door on Friday. He ordered on Tuesday. Someone has to build the board and this guy gets a salary.

I sometimes have the feeling that people compare apples to oranges. You can’t compare the prices a no profit group buy to prices that companies offer. Running a company is expensive. There is more involved than the price of the raw materials. Staff, pensions, health insurance, rent for warehouse, tools and machines, electricity and heating, truck and trailer, travel expenses, website, sourcing, product design, taxes and warranties and product returns and financing costs, and computers and furniture and and and. This all needs to be priced in. Otherwise you don’t make profits and if that is the case, you don’t have a business for long.

Most small companies like us struggle these days to survive. The mid class society is shrinking rapidly, with all the bad consequences for our society. The more people struggle, the more they are willing buy from big, cheap mass market sources to compensate low incomes and the more pressure there will be on society in general. Companies like us are the ones offering the jobs everyone wants and they are the ones paying the taxes. If you want everything for cheap, you should not complain if you don’t find a job. Economy is sending money in circles.

4 Likes

Motor mounts, Motors? Can’t really see the offer where i only need to add batteries. These seem to start at 1700 pounds or 1900 pounds.

http://www.trampaboards.com/single-motor-urban-electric-mountainboard-on-electric-deck-with-vertigo-trucks--8-inch-superstar-wheels-ratchet-bindings-monster-box-vesc-p-24729.html

Ok my fault. So this is a single drive and the once i have seen are dual drive.