What are those X things called - Order Form on post # 172

Form filled out, sorry only just seem your post @akhlut

How much are finally the shipping costs to EU? I would like 2 sets as well, but before filling the form I need to be sure about the shipping price…

Cheers!

Shipping to the EU is $11 (at least it was for Ireland and Finland). So $24 a set, or $37 for two sets.

Just fill out the form and you’ll be on the list.

You already filled it! :smiley: Your spot in line is held!

when can we expect to get an invoice? these will be PERFECT for running a drop through as top mount

1 Like

I was actually thinking about the other side of the trucks.

/EDIT

Now there are two versions! In the link below red is imperial and blue is metric.

UNIVERSAL Nut Keeper

6 Likes

Sweet thanks Mike! Been real busy lately and haven’t been on the forums! These are just what I need. safety and reinforcement are really becoming such a high priority to me. Appreciate the help :slight_smile:

The universal nut keeper is a great idea! It’s a real pain to get to the nuts when there is motors in the way.

Maybe its time to start a new thread? So you can keep all the up to date info at the top of the thread. Its now hard to find the order form and its just going to get harder the longer this thread gets.

1 Like

When should we expect to make payments and you to post these out bud?

Maybe I should clarify how the process works so that everyone is on the same page. Transparency is always a good policy.

It’s just me and my small CNC. This isn’t my 9-5 (analyst), and my wife has made it very clear to me that family comes first. So that means I can’t get a set cut every day. Sometimes it has to wait until the weekend to bang these out.

I don’t take payment when ordering because I cannot deliver at that time - these are cut-to-order. It would be nice if I could build up a stock to fulfill orders quickly. Unfortunately right now I’m in a time crunch - I’m teaching this semester.

Also, you should know that each set takes about 30 minutes to cut. That’s comes out to be about $0.50 a minute ($13/30min). Cheap shops charge double that. The wife wants me to charge more - something that would be the same or equal to my regular job rate to make her opportunity cost worth it. The obvious alternative is to build a more robust machine to cut more faster. But I need to sell a lot more sets to do that.

Let’s talk about the running costs. Aluminum is cheap right now. I don’t factor material cost into the final product. I also don’t factor transportation costs into the price. It’s a two-hour round trip to my closest supplier, who happens to be awesome. So that time, gas and wear-and-tear on my vehicle aren’t factored in. Then there is the obvious consumables - end mills. They aren’t cheap. Last one I bought cost about $20. I’ll need to get a spare soon just in case.

I’m not complaining mind you. If I didn’t want to do this I wouldn’t. I really enjoy it, and I enjoy helping people on the forum. It’s my way of giving back.

12 Likes

Hehe…I’m 12

6 Likes

That moment you realize the last hour’s worth of work is ruined. :frowning:

Google Photos

FML

Anyway! Lessons learned.

re-tighten workmounting clamps between jobs.

don’t go take a piss in the middle of a job.

don’t work tired.

9 Likes

Ouch, similar thing happened to me at the end of a 13hr print…:cry:

On a brighter note (sorry your set got screwed)… I’m part of the “X-Thing” crew now. Thanks a lot. They’re awesome!!!

4 Likes

I guess dreams do come true :slight_smile: they’re beautiful @akhlut. i’ll get you paid tomorrow

6 Likes

Damn, wheres my set!?

Hey @akhlut. I got a dumb question… Would you be willing to make a couple that have “EVO” milled into the center of the X? I’ll pay more monies lol I know your time is money’s… Pay for 3.5 x things…but just get two with “EVO” cut out… let me know :slight_smile:

PS I was thinking vertical to stay true to Landy style E V O

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

@akhlut = machine shop :rofl::joy:

1 Like

Riptide Backing plates… The silver things

5 Likes

@Bensaida , @BigBrit and @perron are next on the list! My machine gave me some trouble at the end of the night last night. Just strange behavior - I think some of the stepper drivers started to overheat, so I gave it a rest. Had stuff to do today. I’m hoping to get them cut tomorrow.

The orders for @mmaner, @Mikenopolis, @scepter are cut, sanded and ready to ship Monday.

@deckoz, yeah, I can do that. I need to find the Landyachtz font or something similar. I wonder if I can get them laser-engraved…I know a guy.

6 Likes