What are you guys using to fill the empty space in you enclosures?

I am on the final stretch of putting everything in its place for my trampa deck build. One question that I am having trouble answering is what are you guys using to keep things in place in your enclosures? And fill up any negative spaces? My guess is some double sided tape to hold electronic in place and then maybe some type of foam to keep everything snug? Or is hot gluing everything in place the solution and not using anything to fill up negative space better?

Am I on the right track?

My enclosure needs to stay flexible because its a bottom mounted enclosure for a trampa deck.

1 Like

General rule is NOTHING should be held by the enclosure. It should all be fastened to the deck. The enclosure is just a shield. I use foam shims to fill the negative space.

9 Likes

It depends, like how am I gonna deck mount 13s10p and ride hard? Everything would just fall off

My only option is fiberglass enclosure mount

1 Like

You ever tried Industrial strength velcro? It holds a metric f ton and gives decent vibration protection as well.

17 Likes

Have not considered but seems like a no brainer… Thank you!!

1 Like

Yeah and I’ve even tried to hot glue it no luck, I ride my board carelessly

Still falls off

1 Like

I use this “Dual Lock Fasteners”. After letting it set for 24 hours, I can probably pick up my entire build by the battery pack if I wanted to.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Dual-Lock-Reclosable-Fastener/dp/B007OXK1AK

6 Likes

Not the actual question the OP asked but how do you guys actually fill up the empty space. What i really want is to remove the hollow sound you hear when going over bumps

1 Like

What hollow sound are you hearing? No enclosure Ive had makes a hollow sound

Maybe theres something bouncing around? The reciever?

1 Like

Ive seen on a FPV drone forum that using a heat gun on these to warm/loosen up the adhesive makes it a vastly superior product

Havnt tried it myself though :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Don’t heat gun for too long it melts the dual lock

2 Likes

Everyones like dual lock will degrade from vibration

1 Like

I would hope that whoever tries it takes care to not melt the velcro :joy:

hot plastic = sad lungs :c

1 Like

pretty sure he had two questions?

2 Likes

I did lol :rofl:

I’m too young to smoke :wink:

2 Likes

You have to go with the legit 3m or velco stuff I have had “industrial strength” and I was able to pull it off no problem. I laid my battery on my board and just slightly off and it was a bitch to get it off to align it just right on the velcro.

3 Likes

I used the 3m industrial outdoor

Still came off

1 Like

Yeah well you also tried hot glue so maybe user error? I ride in the woods and havent had my pack budge.

OP ideally fill it with something light, non conductive, and not flammable

1 Like

Did you use some foam to close up the space between the battery and the enclosure? If you do that the velcro would get no/less gravity pull. Like this:

You Deck Velcro Battery Foam Enclosure

3 Likes

I have no space for velcro in my setup. I use 3D double sided tape. But careful It’s practically impossible to get the pack off.

1 Like