What are you looking for in a Board

His are 2k+. The main point you need to hit is reliability, a consumer board MUST be reliable. With a small company like this if one thing goes wrong your whole company could be gone

1 Like

Yes thatā€™s why Iā€™m looking into higher quality esc and remote. Either Nano x or gt2b modded but that would look a little funky

You could consider the mini as well. Its got solid performance and reliable connection

3 Likes

Nano x isnā€™t a very good remote

The mini remote is the best

6 Likes

Hmm I will look into that

Yep, mini is the king of remotes for price/reliability. The hoyt is good too but wonā€™t fit in this budget

3 Likes

Under $1000ā€¦Iā€™d only expect a light weight minimalist board. 25mph (ish) , 15 mile range, under 34inch deck. Something i can easily carry if needed in a store or stash under a table grabbing a bite to eat. Be able to take on a bus/cab/train or toss in a shopping cart. Not something im gonna take on group rides probably.

5 Likes

Graphene lipo battery pack (+ 6-8A charger) instead of 18650 cells

Do you have a working board yet?

I probably wouldnā€™t use a Lipo inside a production board. For us knowledgeable fellows itā€™s ok, but noobs riding the board till itā€™s flat it ainā€™t a great idea

Just to confirm here @DEEIF - Youā€™re 11 years old?

How old is your friend thatā€™s getting into this business with you?

4 Likes

Lol, I forgot heā€™s 11 hahahah. What do you think is an acceptable age, Iā€™m 17 and would love to start my own esk8 company in the near future

2 Likes

:rofl: :joy:

Meh, age is a number but when its that low youā€™re limited by experience, access to equipment and funds, time to put into the project, patience, ability to communicate with customers, perseveranceā€¦

Thereā€™s a myriad of problems that being young and trying to run a little business life with throw at you, itā€™s often worth waiting until youā€™re a bit more long in the tooth.

7 Likes

Me too haha

Only my older diy board

Haha 12 but same thing

Lol 12 and thinking about a business. At that age I was playing football in the garden :grinning:

I donā€™t know if it is possible to start a business at that age in your country. But know, you are playing with human lives. I do not think you want it on your conscience, that it goes wrong with a board and because of that someone is killed

4 Likes

Letā€™s see if this sounds reasonable for a sub $1k board.

15+ mile range, pretty much enough to get across town and back on a single charge for most people, 10s3p?

multiple deck choices

20-30mph speed

Urethane/pneumatic interchangeability. Quality wheels.

RipTide urethane bits

vesc

single motor/dual motor choices

RELIABILITY, especially for a consumer board where if it breaks down; even something simple, can be loss of money for the seller.

Eh, it might be a bit over 1k but it would be a great retail board.

2 Likes

Any battery recommendations?