What battery am I going to need

The Alien Power motors also have 10mm shafts. Limited selection of 10mm pulleys but they are Heavy Duty! I just ordered a set of 10mm pulleys from Alien Power when I ordered the motors. Ran them a bit and they have not loosened up. No bearing slop

1 Like

I am a bit lost: if a 6s 5000mAh gives you 111Wh, if you put two in parallel this should give you maybe not the double but sensibly more? Or am I just completely stupid? (which cannot be excluded…) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lets clear things up:

S = cells in series --> determines voltage mAh = capacity C = max continous current the battery can deliver

Wh = V * Ah

6S = 6*3,7 = 22,2 5000mAh = 5Ah

6S1P 22,2V (6s) * 5Ah (1P) = 111Wh 22,2V (6s) * 10Ah (2P) = 222Wh

3 Likes

Perfect, that was my initial understanding.

That means if you have let’s say 12 x 3,7V batteries to put together, whether you put them in S or in P will have an effect on the power you deliver (in P you will deliver less power to your motor) but not on the range. As an example: 6S2P is equivalent to 3S4P (at 5000mAh, so 111 Wh) but in the first each pack gives 22,2V where in the second each pack gives only 11,1V.

I would then tend to prefer a high S. But I suspect there is an issue somewhere in my reasoning.

1 Like

No, you are completly right!

P is for range and S for power

More voltage is recommended but (nearly) everytime more expensive. So if you have the money for a high voltage ESC (like the VESC) then go for it. Your electronics will thank you for it.

1 Like