What charger are you using for 12s7p

could you please let me know what charger it is.

collections/battery-chargers/products/12s-4a-battery-charger

Here

2 Likes

as someone mentioned earlier a few more amps would charge the board a lot faster so i was thinking instead of a 4amp as i thought thats all i could find. i did manage to find some 6-8 ampg chargers, what are your thoughts on something like this 42v 6amp charger. https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/yzpower-auto-stop-42v-8a-lithium-battery/402731760.html?skuid=352989577428189190

will it actually charge to my batteries full capacity or will it cut off .3v early?

Thats an 8 amp charger

correct, i was wondering if its any good. though as i mentioned my battery is 42.3v and this has an auto cut off at 42v. would it still charge my battery to full or would it only charge it to like 97%

when your 12s battery is full, it will be 50.4v, or 100%. When you use a 42v charger your battery will be charged to 42vā€¦or 83%

I have noticed most of these charger actually charge to 42.x like 42.5 or so. Just an observation.

For 7p I would get a Waouks 6amps off amazon and most likely have to change the connector on it.

hmmm i think i might have screwed that up thenā€¦ i think ive been looking at this wrong. 12*3.6=43.2v thats for the 30Q cells at 3.6v each cell that is the minimum voltage isnt itā€¦ how do you determine the max voltage?

i think what im missing is, if i do get a 42v charger will it charge the battery to its max capacity or am i looking at the wrong chargers and i actually need a 50.4v charger?

sorry for the lack of info, i thought i had it =p

A liion cell is fully charged at 4.2 volts, and if you have 10 cells fully charged, Thatā€™s 10x4.2= 42 volts. If you have 12 cells fully charged, thatā€™s 12x4.2=50.4 volts.

Edit: which pack to do have? If itā€™s 10s then you need 42v charger. If itā€™s 12s then you need 50.4v charger

ahh ok so i was misunderstanding. 3.6 is the minimum voltage and 4.2 is the max gotcha. for my next question. with chargers specifically. can you fully charge a 12s pack with a 42v charger or will it not charge at all?

reason being is. i found a 42v 8amp charger and a 50.4v 6 amp charger. im sure you can see where i want to lean towards. the 8amp charger for quicker charge times but that 6 amp is still an improvement ontop of the 4amp 1 i found yesterday.

No you need a 50.4v charger to charge your pack to the max. Also I think the minimum discharge is 2.8 volts for liion. @Sender is that right?

2 Likes

ok stumbled across this one when looking up the correct voltages now. I believe this is the correct charger i need? https://www.dhgate.com/product/yzpower-50-4v-8a-7a-smart-lithium-battery/402627453.html#s1-0-1b;searl|1200051871

Yeah that looks right. But just keep in mind that the higher amps you charge your batteries at, the shorter their lifespan

just buy one from me like u posted in my FS threadā€¦ if your US ill have a new batch in in a weekā€¦ 8ampsā€¦ 60mins about for a full charge from 20% on a 4p

2 Likes

Lol, I just saw your thread and came over here to link him to it.

mine actually =P

1 Like

lolā€¦till he linked to DH off mine =P

Yeah, saw that. New guy shenanigans?

15hrs read timeā€¦ i guess i have to assume soā€¦ ā€œthis aint the way we do things round here boyā€ =P