What charging plug are you used one your board

Really man and no problem with the jack Bc The rated load is 5A DC30V I don’t understand

You used these jacks for 13s?

Really man and no problem with the jack Bc The rated load is 5A DC30V I don’t understand

I charge at 42v and 5A and It’s been working great I have a “heavier duty looking” jack but essentially its the same thing

Really…

Man, like I said. Solder close to the plastic with thick guage.

The jack is designed for thin guage to be put through the eyelets and soldered. Don’t use the eyelets. Use 16ga and push it up to the plastic. And solder it. This makes only a very small section thin. That small section can hold quite a few amps.

1 Like

I have 12s My charger is 50.4v 4 A I don’t know if it will work for me

I use these OCR 5.5 x 2.1 MM DC Power Jack Socket Female Panel Mount Connector Adapter with Dustproof Cap 10PCS https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076P97Z2G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_W7u4Ab92VZES0

I also have a bunch of the other ones that you linked

The A is ok the on I want can take 5A my charger is 4 But is the V i don’t like they said 30V and my charger is 50,4v

I wouldn’t worry about the V at all unless the terminals come SUPER CLOSE, I even think these can be used up to like 70v honestly.

The amps is what you should be worried about most, and it can handle that just fine

1 Like

They can, as long as you use thick guage wire, so the resistance across the wire and the small jump off the panel mount is very low.

A thin resistive wire on these tiny things will of course pop…

I think in his case melting off a tiny bit of plastic would expose a thicker tab right?

No need. Just solder as close as you can to the plastic without melting it.

I’ve used these panel mounts from 8-13s… like in the pictures above. (54.6v 6a)

I always use them, and I always use 16ga wire because the thicker wire lowers the resistance. Which also prevents the wire from heating which in turn keeps he connector cool.

Push 325watts though a wire designed to go in the keyhole (22/24ga) your gonna deal with wire, and connector heat and it will pop.

It’s all about resistance over distance and diameter.

325 watts? Goddayum, I only push around 200 watts.

@Devilmycry You’re only pushing around 200 watts aswell, this’ll work for you definitely

1 Like

Ok man thank you so much

1 Like

Just make sure to use thick wire, 16ga is the thickest I can solder on to the insides of the legs with them not touching, and still slide it through the panel mount hole I make for it. I’d stick to 16/18ga and you should be fine.

Btw, if you plan on using these I’ve got a bunch

BTW @Devilmycry please try to stick to one topic

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/charger-port-problem/53517/1

I’ve asked for the other to be closed. As there is no use spawning multiple threads of the same topic criteria. :wink:

I got some of these

XT30 with 3D printed panel mount is a great alternative, comply to high charge current and is nearly invisible.