What could be the respond to GTR

The Metroboard-X will murder this new Evolve. And I can say that as fact, without having either board personally.

If you want to fanboi something, at least pick the better one.

7 Likes

I got literally caught in the manufacturing process shown there, that’s super interesting.

Where does he gets his wheels btw? That guy seriously have loads of inline skating wheels on his desk.

Edit : Skipped a frame. AEND industries is the maker.

Well fuck me Evolve has Matter wheels, I usually hate hard on the brand but I must admit these are nice wheels they got.

1 Like

They’ve made leaps here, no doubt about it. Forging, wheels, 18650’s and best of all their supply chain is solid AF.

It’s still only half as good as the board I built in my kitchen with two kids hanging off my legs on a similar budget. The idea that you would compare this POS to my precision board is insulting at the very least.

You are so caught up in the Evolve marketing hype train its embarrassing.

3 Likes

Alright guys i know your heated but if hes a troll you are just feeding him.

Wonder how that vendor bashing rule has not been applied to these threads about evolve lol

people just shit on them for the last 3 days lol

9 Likes

Rofl, Fred is certainly no troll - he is just a novice without a board (yet) so please be gentle guys! :innocent:

3 Likes

Fair enough but it’s easier to producing 1 or 2 really high quality boards (like the many examples on this forum) compared to producing literally 1000s, while maintaining the same consistently high quality. Elon Musk said that when ramping up Tesla production. Manufacturing at scale is really hard.

1 Like

This is the issue though bud. The quality has never been good, even in the slightest.

If they do it with this board then that’s bucking a really shitty Evolve trend.

2 Likes

There’s no way any of their previous boards when through such a rigorous QA and stress-testing process. 120h on that vibration machine is insane and would kill 99% of DIY boards, including both of mine.

Looks like they might have actually learnt from their mistakes.

1 Like

QpnBp7G_d

9 Likes

All I have to add about evolve being shitty is, that’s not the experience I’ve had with them. Bamboo gtx was my first board, I added some straps to it and it kicked ass. The range was only 10-12miles with how i ride on at’s, but it was a kick ass first board. I abused the shit out of it jumping off 4steps and such. It did have an issue when i first bought it, sometimes one motor wouldn’t spin durring hard acceleration making it feel like the board was trying to apply breaks with one motor (it was just drag). They fixed and returned it same day. Never happened again. Later I threw in a 10s4p and its still kicking ass now. Im prepping it to be my wife’s board. Do I live my diy’s more than evolve? Hands down, but the gtx was and still is a good board for me.

1 Like

My favorite part is the solution to the voltage sag… the controller just ignores it and shows an estimated remaining capacity. So the board still has massive voltage sag but the display wont show it. :joy:

The vibration machine was cute, nothing like what a boards will see in actual use. Looked like a really gentle ossilation compared to the bone rattling vibration a board actually sees on a rough road.

Oh look, they coat their pcb’s now, maybe they will start cleaning them in an ultrasonic bath on the next iteration and claim another first in eskate. :rofl:

Still seems like a big improvement over their last board but it wont win any races with a little 10s4p battery. Pre-builts are always going to be a tough sell with the builders.

9 Likes

I found that hilarious as well. I can’t believe jeff was like “yeah sag completely gone”. I was like whaaaaat?

2 Likes

Hi all, It is fully forbidden to hunt trolls during reproduction period… as @McErono has noticed it, I am a virtual novice, as my prime board should be from a vendor that ships only on Feb 29th, so I am a novice without a board (yet).

Now or you accept it and give to me some assistance to upgrade my skills and become an esk8 rider or you let me on the side of the road. Just few words, I am an 50+ transition manager, practicing big wave kitesurfing for 20 years, apnea for 40 years and a lot of outdoors activities. E-sk8 will be a way to continue balance trainings as I live 3h far away from the ocean, and reduce CO2 fingerprint letting my car into its place.

I was supposed to train during Mai in Switzerland, but the pseudo manufacturer has decided that 6 months was a too short delay to produce and deliver a prebuild. It was just enough to take my money and to kill my days off for 2019!

Ok, so let go, I am not doing troll, I just want to get skills, to draw the specifications of my future board, and get it. I know one think: I won’t build from scratch, I will probably screw, plug, but nothing else as you know now I am a novice. My future board will be a prebuild one from professional DIY or serious manufacturer. Board has to be clean inside (no plate of spaghetti), smooth shape, high tech, upgradable, with simple decoration, skulls are not my cup of coffee

10 Likes

Welcome… this forum can chew you up and spit you out if you make claims or suggestions that are unpopular or incorrect. My advice is to not take the negative comments to seriously while taking in all the useful information people give here daily. This is NOT the place to hype up a prebuilt manufacturer like evolve or boosted. Most people here have passed these companies up in specs and technology. Bioboards. Psychotiller and long haired boy are just 3 better choices when it comes to a quality top of the line board. My biggest piece of advice is to read what all these people (who are much smarter than me) have to say. Hopefully you get your board and ride soon… there is nothing like it.

7 Likes

No worries @Pura-Vida , eskate has a long history of paid shills so when someone comes in hot and heavy for a brand it will always fuel some scepticism or negative discourse among the builders especially when it coincides with a big launch.

5 Likes

If you can kite surf, you are ready for fast boards. You are already addicted and you don’t even know it yet :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

I have said it before. Evolve are more than decent boards as soon as you upgrade the battery. I have a few friends with evolves (now all of them with upgraded batteries, one with a 10s8p).

In Europe, you simply can’t buy a better pre-built board for the money. Sure you can get a pre-made DIY from various vendors but don’t think for a minute they are guaranteed to not come with their own problems.

Their last iteration is far from perfect but it is an improvement nonetheless.

2 Likes

Not a fan at all of dkp. Still don’t understand why they use them

3 Likes