What did you do today?

We dodged a bullet here in Broward county… (West of the Southern most pink hurricane point on the map above for those of you who are not from this neck of the woods)… My shutters are up… You folks up North get the hell out at least get the wife and kids out of harms way. I went through hurricane Andrew and almost lost my life in 1992 helping a girl I knew and her mom. I saw the eye of Andrew pass right over me. Had to deal with the front and the back end of a category 5 storm.

1 Like

Geez that’s crazy. Stay safe in Broward county. I hope Jacksonville will stay safe.

We are good now. just a little breezy.

I fixed up the connectors I exploded yesterday, everything is in working order and I couldn’t be more exited! DIY’s motor mounts and pulley sets are gonna be here tomorrow along with the y harness. After that the first stage of my build is done! Can’t wait to finally ride this thing.

My in-laws retired in Del Ray on the beachfront along the A1A. They had to evacuate and are staying in a hotel in Naples to ride the storm out. This storm is scary stuff - stay safe.

@NickTheDude post pics when finished.

Sure thing :+1:

On the bright side, y’all in the storm can test your eboards and let us know how well they work in a bug out situation :wink:

2 Likes

@cmatson @longhairedboy keep safe you guys! Best wishes from the NorthEast!

Worst of the storm will hit between 2 and 9 today.

Right now we are already dealing with flooding, and haven’t had power since 8am this morning.

I’ll keep our guys posted until my phone battery dies…

1 Like

Just curious, what part of town are you in? How bad is the flooding?

Ortega over on the westside-

Riverside area and houses along orgeta on the river are already having waves over the bulkheads into their yards and houses, and we are just about a block inland from all that.

The problem is that our streets drain into the river, but the river is getting as high as the streets… so they don’t drain anymore and start filling up.

We had two friends that expected to stay evacuate in the middle of the night because the waves were coming up to their back porch and the hurricane was still 8 hours away…

But on the bright side I roped my Garmin camera to a bigass teee facing the river and set to timelapse mode at 1 minute intervals with a battery backup - should be able to get a good 6-7 hours of filming, right through the worst of the hurricane :smile:

I’ll post the footage up here when we get power back, it should be gnarly

5 Likes

RIP dude. Surrounded by water and all bridges closed. Definitely not a good situation. I’m a few miles away, right off 103rd, so luckily there is no nearby water to flood us. That footage will be great. Hopefully the camera (and the tree) survive. Stay safe.

My front wheels got stuck between the tube and the carriage. Stopped the doors from closing. Alarm went off.

So at least my wheels are sticky & urethane will hold a train door.

Great advert for boarding ;-(

Planning on a special enclouse for a swappable battery with only one bms for more than one battery pack. 18650 cells. (Bms inside enclouse, most bms have a plug for the battery cables so thats my idea ;)) Sometimes i want short range/light board to carry, Sometimes i like to do long rides just for fun or get to friends/work. So i want a short/longrange battery on my favorite board with easy use But i cant find a good, easy to learn (Best free) 3d print design program that can put .stl or .obj out… Anyone knows?

This encoulse is also for board with high flex. It will be easy to swap put the batterys without tools. Just a click system. Everything is ready in my head for it!^^ I just want to bring it on the screen and print a prototype with my neightbour 3d printer.

He actually has a rly expensive program rly hard to learn and its only working on his pc because of his license. And i rly dont want to sit by my neightbours house for a week to learn it and than another 2-3 days to design it :smiley:

What do you think about that concept? If someone can share a good program i will post it here and make a thread about it.

For 3d modeling programs, try Blender or sketchup. Blender is able to do so many things, but you may have a hard time with the learning curve. As far as printing, CURA is the best slicer. Sorry I was a little confused as to what kind of program you needed

Just watched “The Fourth Phase”. If you like snowboarding then check it out. Watched it on Amazon video.

today i changed the enertion power wheels to abec flywheels 83mm 75a and it feels awesome! less vibration, more grip and more acceleration very happy with the purchase :smiley:

I bought the wheels in this ebay shop from germany, europe http://www.ebay.es/itm/131844137779

at this moment they’re sold out, pretty soon they will sell again, i guess…

i want to try the abec flywheels 90mm 75a but i can’t find them in europe, nobody has stock :frowning:

Today i made a bag for my e-board, i was surprised it took me about 1h30min to make it. I’m happy with results:)

9 Likes