Starting Tips | Ask Questions | Introductions | Categories

What do y'all think about Boundmotor?

I’d never heard of them before now and they seem to have excellent prices, especially for their direct drive kit and airless wheels. Tell me if you have any experience with them or if they’re trustworthy.

1 Like

Nothing really novel about those wheels or trucks.

… Don’t know if i have seen this hardware version of a VESC before?

Would like to get a closer look at these motors & Deck

1 Like

@onloop A direct drive motor kit with 3000W per motor for $350 would be a complete steal of a bargain if they’re good

The advertised max wattage of a motor inst important…

Really, the most important thing with motors is the build quality. We need to see inside it.

2 Likes

Anyone rich enough to buy these to test them out?

1 Like

Great drives I love them. Running 8S15p NCR18650B. TB110s 40km/h max. speed. 38A/motor for acceleration on VESC6.6 lots of power and smooth af!

The problem: cheap bearings, started to make noise after 500km.

Has anyone replaced them yet? I have replacement (upgrade) parts 6902RS and 6805RS hybrid bearings, I am looking forward to get those in, but want to aks for any tips before beginning.

Short riding video: https://www.reddit.com/r/ElectricSkateboarding/comments/fwll75/40kmh_feel_a_lot_faster_than_it_looks/

1 Like

What enclosure do you have? Is it a custom design?

1 Like

I made it in CAD software and 3D printed it frm Extrudr BDP material. The aluminum heatsinks are mounted by preassure against the cells through thermal pads. I can share the files and what screws you need, if you like.

1 Like

Sharing the files would be welcomed,

I also think you should create a seperate topic in here and go into more detail about the design and construction.

What you did looks very interesting and unique. Im sure others would be very interested to learn more about your method.

3 Likes

OK thanks for the kind words, I will do that!

edit: OK done!

1 Like

Very good review on one of their boards. I’ve been using their direct drives throughout the soggy winter in the UK. Solid drives. They now have an upgrade version. Nothing but praise for their support. 20200503_022407 20200503_022344

2 Likes