What do you do when people ask if they can try your board?

As the title says: What do you do when people ask if they can try your board?

1 Like

If its a random person I would make an excuse like having to get home soon or the battery is running low, but if I know them I would always let them have a go

2 Likes

Thanks for the excuses lol. I’m definitely going to use them.

1 Like

Friends and fam : “sure lemme give some protective gear.”

Some rando : “No bruh not even…eh.”

2 Likes

“no can do, I let a guy try once, he fell off and tried to sue me, cost me a lot in legal fees”

20 Likes

Depending on if I know that person, if I do then I’ll tell them sure if they’ll wear a helmet. If I don’t know them I’ll just say next time maybe

1 Like

No. Unless you sign my waiver and pay a fee, that is refundable after you return the board. Fee is $1600.

6 Likes

Lmao I let them try but I warn them that “it’s really touchy.” Most people complain about remote sensitivity but it’s definitely calibrated correctly and I can ride on it just fine, I think people aren’t used to the instant torque of electric motors lol.

6 Likes

if it’s a friend i show them how to use the controller without getting thrown off and make them put on at least a helmet.

2 Likes

I say jst straight up, no. unless I know they ride board . even if they do I make them wear helmet, and I have to know for sure they won’t steal the board.

if they already own esk8, then I swap.

2 Likes

i let ANYONE try. homeless? no problem. drunk? let me do the remote. I found the mini trigger has a long distance reception vs others that allows me to control. People are so excited to try and let me hold everything they own as collateral

14 Likes

This is just a big no for me. I’ve let three guys I ride with all the time with similar power boards try it(Evo). Outside of them. Nope.

If I ever had visitors I’d loan any of my other boards to go for a ride, except my Evo. The Evo is “mine” and I don’t like it when other people’s feet are on it. Like full on dog like territorial… that’s “my spot” lol.

13 Likes

“You’d need a helmet”

“You have to be 16 years old with a driver license”

“I’m in a hurry”

(act like I don’t hear them through my helmet)

“This one is too fast”

Oddly enough, these same people don’t ask someone who pulls up in a Charger if they can drive their car around the block…

2 Likes

Any rando or even acquaintances get an “Absolutely not!” I offer no explanations other than No!!! If it’s a close friend, i make them wear protection, put it on the slowest speed and tell them toplease be careful… real friends are careful with your things… @b264 i had to use the same line on the guy. “This is my transportation, would u let someone you dont trust test drive your car??? “

4 Likes

I’m usually the one asking people if they want to try my board.

But, I suspect mine is a bit more manageable and underpowered than most peoples here.

3 Likes

i do the same and anyone who shows any interest i hit them with “you want to try it?” right away and I like to see the response. some are gungho and some say “no way Id get on there”.

3 Likes

I say., ask @Exiledd_Top what he’d say.

4 Likes

Just thought of another one I’m going to try.

“If that guy over there (pointing) lets you drive his car”

4 Likes

so funny :sweat_smile::sob::cry: I think only a few will ever ride that board when I finish rebuilding it

4 Likes

The real question is, would you let that guy ride it again?

2 Likes