What do you do when people ask if they can try your board?

probably not, board is to quick and quiet it feels smooth and before you know it your already going fast which leads people to loose balance because they don’t realize there going fast already. People were scared to ride my board but it was so smooth but went to fast before u know it is what I was told I personally chilled at 30mph on my daily route to school but i could cruise with everyone at 15mph -20mph and I lost little to no battery after 10 miles of the group ride I only lost 8%

5 Likes

My vehicle and my wife are not to borrow. I do not think excuses. I usually say no, screw you.

6 Likes

Just say you need a special license or insurance

1 Like

I had a 10-12 yr old boy ask me for a go, (had the same one at home apparently (DIY?¿) i joked with the dad and son said that i know this movie, you eatshit on my board, blame me, take me to court and im forever in your debt. ye naaa

3 Likes

My Mom said I can’t let strangers use my board.

9 Likes

I like the way your mom is thinking :+1:

2 Likes

I only let people I know and I know that they esk8 try my DIY board it has no slow mode so I’m afraid of people hurting them self. One of my first group rides one of the members decided to try my buddies nodded evolve and he ended up falling around 30mph with only a helmet for protection. There was flesh streak marks on the asphalt…

Well that member is okay today and still rides with us but ever since that day I’m scared to lend my board out.

Now the my Raptor 2 im not as afraid to lend it out cause the throttle is alot smoother and I can control how powerful I want it with my vesc app

2 Likes

Only close friends or family, and for most I keep the remote and go running right next to them, I need to create a really chill mode for give it to people

The exception is my dad, he surfed the whole life and love the board

1 Like

I have only let friends try out my board and probably never again. Last guy bailed on my board and broke my mini remote (as well as got a nice scrape down his knee and forearm). He wasn’t going fast but he tried showing off… I will likely just not bring it out among friends next time.

When random people ask, I will typically say sorry, I am not comfortable with other people riding something that aren’t familiar with it. That usually gets them off my back.

2 Likes

If I have my beginner (trainer) board and they have a helmet then I’ll let them give it a go.

But on the 2 new ones no way, they are just too fast.

I usually ask if my friends want to try. I’ll always change the settings to slow speed/acceleration, except on friends i know that can handle the board. Random usually yells when i pass by, and i just ignore them.

What’s with all suing things? :smile: If someone falls on your board, it’s their fault.

1 Like

3 Likes

I always let them, then i smack it into a low mode and let them go for a small ride few meters and back.

I even had a guy that got my phone number and used my spare board and we went out for a ride once, he got his own now without me he would never have gotten one.

2 Likes

Months building, thousands invested, hundred hours researched, many hours testing, fifty minutes experience…and then It comes this smartass and breaks your precious board (that you let him ride) in just two seconds?? …absolutely, undeniably, monoliticaly… NOOOOOOOOO!!

2Cf2

4 Likes

lol how stupid you shouldve just knocked him out and go away :smiley:

2 Likes

I say No… It’ s like my toothbrush.

2 Likes

It’s just an excuse to get people to stop asking hence the quotation marks it didn’t actually happen… or did it?

1 Like

“Did you share your underwear with anyone?”“No, right?”“Then, why you want me to let you ride my board?”

1 Like

Ive only let one person try my bajaboard and I know his skateboarded abilities - my response it normally ‘hell no you’ll die’

1 Like

I understand why people have reservations about letting people try their expensive stuff, it has merit.

I let people try both my boards. After I give them some instruction on how to ride an electric version. I always make them wear my helmet and I put the boards in slow mode. Then they get the you ride this at your own risk speech. If I couldn’t decrease the aggressiveness of the boards I would probably pick and choose who could ride.

I do value my boards, one expensive to build and days spent building. But when someone gets back after riding and has this huge ear to ear smile that’s more important to me. I do the same thing with all my other toys. Would I be disappointed if my board went speeding into a wall and smashed to bits? Absolutely. But then after making sure dude is alright from crashing I’d take about five seconds of sadness followed by excitement because now I have a reason to build a better board. It’s just a wood plank with some go fast juice underneath. I just want others to experience how awesome eskate is.

7 Likes