What Do You Think About Using DC Breaker Switch?

Seems unnecessary and bulky. Surely a small fuse is possible (as someone linked) and an antispark xt90s plug does the rest. I don’t bother with a fuse. What type of situation would it help? If the motor shorted it’s already ruined and in my experience without a fuse it it didn’t take the escs out as well and I kept adding amps

purely cosmetic for me.

that, and I wanted to make it idiot proof.

Hi @lowGuido , what is the voltage of ur dc breaker on ur board? all the breaker i found on ebay is rated from 12v to 24v? ur system is 12s right? thats 42v . Is your breaker 42v ?

1 Like

I have only ever used the breaker on 6S boards. My 12 S build has a loop key.

I originally used a breaker switch for my EBoard just like the one in @lowGuido picture, and I HATED it so much! First off the biggest problem was how physically big it is, so much so that I had to mount it on my board outside of the enclosure. After a lot of riding the thing started to fall apart, not only from the vibrations but from water damage. Eventually i was riding down the street on a brick road which is a horrible idea FYI, and the vibrations were bad enough that the pins holding it together fell out and the thing literally fell apart while I was riding it lol. Anyways point is I hated it so much and I wish I had originally just gone with a better quality switch like my MOSFET Switch im using now. One thing ive learned is dont be a cheap ass with EBoards, or electronics in general, because it never pays off and you just end up spending more money in the long run.

Personally I hate MOSFET switches I consider them dangerous because you can never really physically turn them off, only logicaly. I only will use a physical switch like a loop key or a breaker. Which has been working on my board for over 2 years of hard riding now without falling apart. Having said that I dont like how big they are, and they arent rated for more than 6S. So… not the best solution.

just a follow up… been using DC breakers for years now and My mate finally broke one…

2 Likes

How they break? I am using breaker also

I think the replacement will not cost too much. Recently i wish to try another type of switch.

6 pins of switch. 25a per pin. So i connect two off and two pin on. Not sure work or not.

This one looks tough. I have no idea how long it would last.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HW4YSNG/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_11?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2LBFUKITQIB7

nothing test components better than direct contact with concrete at speed.

1 Like

I think your breaker will be fine, tucked up under the truck like that… its not going to hit the ground.

The automotive 80-100 amp breakers are fine at 6s, anything over and they don later long. If you want to go the XT-90s route you can get and XT-90 panel mount and XT-90 cap and keyring cover…Looks good.

XT90s https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.amazon.com/AMASS-XT90S-XT90-S-Connector-Female/dp/B01DK98USQ&ved=0ahUKEwiDve3FxovSAhVl8IMKHbY0CZkQFghiMBA&usg=AFQjCNHb1LnOm3A5VCFFK8n1X9V_Agws-g&sig2=5GdG1m3htyrqbJuKDvJWtg

XT-90 panel mount

XT-90 cap and key ring cover