What does motor MAX actually means?

/ignore off

It was ME who explained this concept in a post to YOU on July 29…

/ignore on

That’s just newbies going full throttle and not being prepared for the instant acceleration. You’re looking at this from an electrical perspective when you should be looking at it from a physics perspective.

1 Like

No he didn’t say that. Didn’t we already have this warning in bold many times. I think, and I think most others feel, there are other bigger dangers. Sure u could have an uneven acceleration curve based on settings. You can also have it based on the terrain with the amp control program. We get what you’re saying but I don’t think it’s the danger your making it out to be over and over .

Maybe we don’t want to blow our stuff up as I’ve never heard of anyone going over 150 motor amps successfully. Have u bothered to ask on vedders site or look at the threads there about the limits recommended?

I agree to a point. There could be more power at slow speeds but so you’ve said. I don’t think the risks you mention are real other than possibly blowing ur stuff up…no matter how cool u think you look with pics of women.

Just for the record,

I never once disagreed with you. I just don’t completely understand it yet. My “sweet spot” comment was based on other people’s observations as well as my own. That’s just what it has been referred to.

I definitely did not say that. But what you’re ignoring is a a simple physical principle that the board accelerating under from rest. Why do you think once you’re moving this effect doesn’t seem so drastic?

Try standing on the roof of a car (lets make it an automatic car so that the acceleration is constant) you will have the same effect! Lets call the car companies and tell them that they have a problem, this can’t be happening!

Or grab a 2 stroke dirt bike, give it to a newbie and you’ll see him flip it in about 2 seconds.

Or give a ferrari to a guy that drives a pruis… i guarantee he will have problems with the acceleration.

See where im going with this?

Limit the power output for newbies until they’re comfortable riding.

motor max is exactly how you limit throttle response and shape the acceleration curve. I don’t think there’s really any debate about that. If you want a smoother launch that doesn’t street your ass at 12S or even 10S then you would set it around 40 or 50, and if you want raptor like acceleration then set it to 60 or higher.

I personally prefer it set around 40-45 on a 15/36 ratio on 83mm wheels because it still climbs hills like a wild animal and doesn’t feel like its constantly trying to shoot out from under me. And it still gets ridiculous top end at well over 30mph.

3 Likes