What does This VESC blinking light mean?

What does it mean when my VESC blinks blue several times and then The led light turns off? The power switch is bright upon switching it on than dims.

What battery?

Does it work at all after you plug it in?

are you using a BMS?

I’m using the ownboard 4ah 10s2p battery. I have not gotten my esk8 up and running yet. Right now I’m having problems connecting the VESC to the computer to program the Vesc. I’m trying to troubleshoot all possible causes. I believe the battery has a BMS on it. I’m wondering if the Vesc is not receiving power and that is why my computer won’t connect to it. I’ve already downloaded and installed all the drivers and also bought a new data mini usb cable.

Here is a video to help you guys understand what the issue is, hope you guys can help. Ultimately i’m trying to connect my VESC to the computer to program it and I think there might be an issue with the VESC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcplnUBSl-g&t=82s

First picture is when the VESC is not plugged into the power source. Notice how much brighter the LED is. IMG_1180

Second Picture is when the VESC is plugged into the power source. Notice how the LED is less brighter. IMG_1179