What is a good permanent solution to a battery meter for lipo

I am trying to figure out what battery meter to use to hook up to my lipo to permanently fit on my enclosure. I am not sure which one to use. I noticed that when i use those balance checkers that beep at whatever voltage you set it at while i ride they tend to cause my battery to die way earlier then without. Can i use this one some how?

Those seem expensive

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172143986261

How would i hook that meter to a lipo? @Michaelinvegas

You can just splice it in if it’s two wire

battery 
                    |
                    |
                  Switch

|              |
           Meter            ESC
                             |
                           Motor

Oh i got you, so basically the same way that TB 12s esc ubec wires get spliced into the switch? Same thing right?

Should i do the same thing to those black and white wires like these ubec wires were spliced in?

Yep…essentially

Okay cool thanks a lot @Michaelinvegas Ill post pics when im done for whoever else is interested in this topic as well.

You should look at the Drok DC8, it works great for electric skateboards.

DROKDC8-63V Volt Meter $12.68 + Free S&H https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VUUKIMY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Make sure you check the rating of the meter and wire correctly…

Some meters work off 12v to work…and if you connect it direct it will burn out the meter.

Double check specs and wiring specs

1 Like

can you elaborate on this more?

Some meters are 3 wire, where 1 wire is used for a 12v power source to power the meter.

so if i have red and a black for my meter and a 6s lipo setup from 2 3s 5000mah batteries in series, how do i wire it so i get readings for both batteries? i am aware of one battery becoming unbalanced, is there a way around this? im having trouble coming up with a solution I really dont want to fry anthing. i guess i wanted elaboration on the splicing part, and configuration

those wires on the meters (the 2 wired ones) are so tiny, the only thing you could fry is those cables :wink:

if you want to check the batteries independantly a normal vol meter wont help yout much. remember, those things have cells and if you check each battery on its own anyway, you should probably check each cell as well.

a normal volt meter would just be in parralel to the battery. preferably after the switch. there is realy nothing you can fuck up there.

1 Like

The meters we are talking about just give you the total voltage, You need something like this.

just connect it wires of your battery