What is the best battery to use for my situation?

Hello. I wanted to know what battery I should get. I am planning on getting a Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6374-192KV Brushless Outrunner Motor from Hobby King and I wanted to know what battery or batteries I should get for the motor. Is the motor I chose good? I want to go at least 10-15 miles before charging but 20 would be ideal. I have heard that Samsung lion batteries are commonly used for esk8 but I don’t trust myself making a battery pack. I want a safe batteries that can also accomplish what ever else I need it to. Sorry if if am being a pain. Thank you!

‎ 10s4

2 Likes

10s4p Samsung 30Q li-ion pack @psychotiller makes packs to order, I will soon be making them, most likely after the holidays

1 Like

dude, 1hr read time. really? there are heaps of threads that show you what you can use with this. like what the guys above said, 10s4p will be fine

4 Likes

You’re not being a pain. This is a builders forum and we welcome new members with open arms but especially if they have done some research before asking for help. Also when making a request its always best to give a location as this forum is worldwide and sometimes just sometimes there might be someone local to you that can help.
When beginning a build thread its best to include everything you are thinking of using and then and only then can we help you with your choices. Think about what you want and then read up on those decisions. When you get stuck, ask away and you will get the help you need. Start with this.

Good luck my friend

4 Likes

@dareno you’re too kind

2 Likes

how I roll.

caught me on a good day

2 Likes

10s4p could get tight for 20miles but 15miles are good.

If you add your country to your profile, asking questions is more effective. Battery shipping is sometimes hairy.

1 Like

Since u said u want something safe and u want it simple look up lithium iron cells. Hard to blow up no matter what U do