What is the difference in esc

Hi everyone I am someone new to building electric skateboards But I want to know what is the difference between all types of ESC and how do I know what is the best and what is the worst for my skateboard and is it compatible with the battery strength or not

I saw these types of them were cheap and some of them were high, and I did not know what was the difference or how I could tell the difference

2 Likes

You definitely don’t want the top one. You want a VESC-based ESC that doesn’t come with a remote.

Tell us more about what you want to do, what is your budget, do you want a street board? How heavy are you? Is this going to be a toy or a transportation tool? Do you live in southern California or somewhere where rain happens?

3 Likes

I want to understand what is the difference between them and what is better than the other, and I live in Belgium where the rain is a lot, the weather is bad and the wind, and I am trying to build a good electric skateboard and look for the differences …

1 Like

The first one is a YingLi ESC that is not configurable at all. You plug it in, and it either works or doesn’t work. You can’t change anything. You can’t select which remote to use. If the remote breaks you’re probably out of luck. If you don’t like any part, you’re screwed. It’s generally a cheap piece of crap. Good for children’s toys. Not good for personal electric vehicles.

All the other ones are VESC-based which are good – you have total control over those.

Flipsky is akin to gambling, it’s cheap for a reason. If you want to roll the dice, buy Flipsky branded products. Chances are you’ll have to rebuy it. Their QC is non-existent and their customer service is non-existent, which is exactly why it’s cheap.

The VESC 4.12 at the bottom is great on 10S voltages (42V max) and at 25A (battery) current maximum. They are lower output but also cheap and good — if you don’t try to push their limits.

The TB6 ESC is on sale right now from @torqueboards for $110 and at that price, it’s a steal for a good high-quality VESC-based option. They also have a 4.12 style VESC on sale right now for $39.99, which is also a steal.

3 Likes

What is the best ESC in your opinion regarding bad weather, there is rain from time to time and it is also at a good price

That depends on how you install it, not which ESC you choose.

1 Like

What is the top three I can choose from, I will build a skateboard and a means of transportation and entertainment and I want a good site to buy all construction supplies and they have good customer service I can contact them, my budget for construction is 1000 € or a little more

2 Likes

If you want a site to buy all your parts from, torqueboards (diyelectricskateboard.com) is pretty much the best place where you can buy all of your parts in one stop and their parts are some of the best in the industry. Highly recommend

1 Like

For good, cheap ESCs that you can push hard I would recommend the MakerX DV6 or the TB6 ESC. The DV6 is for a dual motor setup, and the TB6 can be used for either one or two motor setups, as they are single ESCs

2 Likes

Don’t buy the cheapest & You probably don’t need the most expensive,

Focbox Unity+ is an affordable, tried & tested option.

2 Likes

Blockquote Yes, this is what I want. Thank you, I have seen some sites offer this product at a very high price of $ 399, so I hesitated, but this price on this site I think is good and suitable for the specifications inside it

1 Like