What is the minimum Watts/Amps/cells in parallel you would have for a battery?

I know the answer will change from person to person, but I am torn between getting a 12s3p to be lower profile or a 12s5p for the less battery sag and better lifespan for my dual motor build. I plan on using Samsung 30q 18650s giving me 60a/2664W for 3p and 100a/4440W for 5p (I had read somewhere on the forum that the 30q could handle 20a continuous. Watts are calculated by multiplying 44.4, the nominal voltage by the amps. Correct me if I’m wrong on the math). Here’s some various information that may or may not be needed. I’m using 190kv motor with 16 to 36 gearing ratio on 85mm wheels. Just post your experience with varying parallel count.

12s3p, less weight, less range, less current output, more sag. 12s5p, more weight, more range, more current, less sag ez :wink:

2 Likes

More money

go 12S4P … that´s a good range, less sag and not too heavy. the question is also which esc you have. if you run dual vesc hw4.12 without heatsink (like form hobbyking or tourqboards) you good with a 3p too. if you run focbox or VESC6 than 5p makes more sense.

2 Likes

I do have two focboxes on the way…

1 Like

if you don´t mind the extra weight, the extra money and the extra space, sure go with the higher p. it´s always better for the cells as they share the discharge current. Less stress, longer life :wink:

1 Like