What is your average temperatures for VESC6 from Trampa/Vedder?

Hello everyone, Im trying to gauge whether or not I will need an external heatsink to dump heat out of my enclosure or not when I get my VESC 6s. Frank says ‘they dont get hot’ but if I’m being honest, I’m skeptical.

I mainly want a heatsink to avoid slow cooking my battery pack (the VESCs and battery will be fairly close to each other, and I want to keep the cells as healthy as possible), and to keep the VESCs as cool as possible.

Can you guys post some average temperatures please? Additional information about your builds(if the VESCs are exposed or sealed within an enclosure), Metr data or any other supporting information would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Mine have never gone over 50C unlike the motors which regularly reach 80-90C.

No heatsinks but the bottom of the vescs face the open air (old pic)

20181109_200225

1 Like

I’m running the escapes fully enclosed in the haya deck with hubs, maxing out around 120 battery amps during hard acceleration and they never went more than 50 degrees.

1 Like

Hubs are less efficient in some moments 1 to 1 gear doesn’t fit well in all situations, more power consumption

1 Like

hey bro. Frank from Trampa told me i could get hold of you here. Im from cyprus and im trying to set up my esk8 but im having an issue trying to find batteries. any advise?

1 Like

Why not just to start without. Get a cheap Bluetooth module and track your temperature. If you will exceed your set limit just add a heat sink. Don’t make your life more complicated than it is :wink:

1 Like

What battery are you looking at?

Trampa has some lipo suggestions on their site.

1 Like

ya i checked them out but no one ships to cyprus. i need a couple of 12000mah 22.2v lipo batteries obviously with xt90s.

1 Like

Did you check out Hobbyking?

1 Like

hahahaha ya bro they were like the first guys but they were completely useless. you dont happen to know anyone who sells this stuff in greece do you?

Not really. I used to get my lipos from Hobbyking and I use liions on my esk8s that I make myself.

Here are 2 stores that sell lipos

https://www.myhelis.com/Batteries/Li-Po/22-2-V-6S/

https://heliland.com/product-category/8/lipo-2/6s-22-2v/

1 Like

I think I never saw mine above 58 Cº deep inside a Hummie deck with no airflow and plastic enclosure

1 Like

oof i could see why you would go to hobby king. do they still ship to greece?

1 Like

What was your issue with hobbyking? They sell pretty good lipos in what ever size you need. It was just about shipping?

1 Like

The EU warehouse does.

1 Like

ya that and shit customer service

nice thanks i might have found a solution

1 Like