What is your EDC?

Yeah. That sucks. I never leave my house without one. Specially on night rides. Specially in the city.

I forgot about duct tape, I might have to add that to my stuff to bring. Duct tape fixes everything.

2 Likes

7214525854_733237dd83_z

Don’t leave home without 'em.

1 Like

Truly good for anything.

Your going to slow if you need to carry a pistol. Lol. Let alone one in your backpack. And having one holstered is even more retarded, good luck falling on it… lol

I’ve god my CC, but no way I’d ever skate with a pistol, ever. Trouble? Just speed off into the darkness, and avoid people, not that hard. Otherwise, I’m basically in full body armor. Headbutt them with your fiberglass helmet and roll out son. Lol

1 Like

I don’t like to ride fast all the time. I do frequent stops to enjoy the scenery or whatever. I have it where when I fall it won’t be too bad , not on the hips, and definitely not in the backpack. It’s only 3 inches long so it’s not hard to find a nice comfy & safe place.

1 Like

I’m regular and generally when I falll I hit the left side of my body so I keep it on my right pocket sometimes I forget it’s there cause my cell phone takes more pocket space.

Unless you’re a police officer and required to carry off duty, I think you’re dramatically increasing your legal risk (possibly physical risk as well) by carrying a firearm. The likelihood of encountering a situation where you can legally deploy a firearm to protect yourself or others is extremely small…certainly less than 1%. I’m a gun owner and spent four years in the Marines, but would never carry while riding. Just my unsolicited opinion.

4 Likes

Some people ride through bad parts of town late at night on a expensive machine we are targets like it or not we stand out. Carrying is a personal choice I don’t push my ideals on others because what works for me may not work for others. I personally carry everywhere why would I not carry when I know I’m vulnerable.

4 Likes

For you fellow tire users out there, a perfect example of why to carry a patch kit. It was a normal ride to work, I didn’t even notice the thorn in there for the first few hours until I took a break. I have liquid tire sealant inside the tubes, so I might have been able to just pump it up before I left, but why chance it? Seriously, a container smaller than a matchbox with six patches and a small pump (tools I can get at work). Fifteen minutes and I was back in business.

1 Like

LoLz I said “knife” but it’s actually closer to this :wink:

2 Likes

My unsolicited opinion is that you probably A) don’t use esk8 as your primary transportation and B) don’t ride through shady parts of town frequently at night and C) don’t have shady characters constantly asking you how much that costs

and so I could totally understand your feeling. The truth is, lots of folks are in lots of places and situations that are very different from other people.

And by “frequently” and “constantly” I mean “daily” and “multiple times per day”

2 Likes

When you use your esk8 as your primary transportation you probably go the same route daily which means those shady characters will know your schedule.

1 Like

Ride fast enough for them to not even think once lol. Thats what I do with my evo, given that there’s a lot of cars trying to kill me on the way there. I only ride on roads that I know are okay and not shady, if deem them unsafe I just bring my exo. I don’t think anyone would want to jump me with my evo and then try to run away from me with a 45LB evo

aren’t you from LA? like I said, if you ride often enough around the same time and route you will be noticed. I noticed the same cars that stand out on a daily basis on my route to and from work each day, we all have a routine. If someone wants it bad enough, hide in front of a parked car and swing a baseball bat at you as you pass at 30+mph, they can WALK away with your 45lb EVO or just throw it in their trunk and drive away.

@DilatedPupils, are you in Seattle?

… back on subject… I carry a flashlight, allen wrenches, skate tool, first aid and and my vape that is strictly for concentrates😉

You’d be correct on points A-C.

I’m fully aware that many people have little to no choice on when and where they ride (I grew up in St. Louis, I know how shady that place can be).

I do question how many people are actually prepared to shoot someone over a $2k skateboard and if so, have they been trained how to properly use the weapon. Do they know when and where it’s legal to do so…and even then, have they been trained to shoot in crowds or in the dark, do they know the maximum effective range of their weapon (how far the round can travel before it’s no longer able to kill something).

Even if they are fully trained…they’d probably be better off just riding fast, carrying pepper spray and pretending to talk on their cell phone whenever they stop.

I hope that doesn’t sound like I’m hating on gun owners or those that daily carry (assuming they’re probably trained), I’m not.

1 Like

If it’s crowded, then they probably wouldn’t be robbing you. If they’re robbing you, the distance wouldn’t be far. And if they’re robbing you, it can be self defense. And you don’t even really have to shoot them unless they’re going to attack you.

1 Like

This is my new EDC it’s awesome :slight_smile:

2 Likes