What is your opinion on car-free cities?

could u share with us how does that look? I think i’ve seen it already but it would be time consuming to find it again…

@Okami the Queen of reviving old topics :crown:

haha sorry, I just though this is a nice topic and saw the date only when I had pressed the reply button :smiley:

I think I’ve seen someone pulling a person with rolleskates behind his back while on eboard… looked quite interesting… but it worked…

i do that all the time with friends. Just take a dog leash and pull your non-electric friends :slight_smile:

1 Like

If anyone were to design a city from the ground up in this day and age, I think public transport coupled with light EVs would be the best way to go.

However, a RIDICULOUS amount of our infrastructure already exists to accommodate large vehicles. In the short term we are going to see ride sharing and autonomous vehicles take over our roads.

Tesla’s current plan is to make an uber-like service available to all their customers once they have achieved full autonomy. Your car will drop you off at work, then while you’re working, act as a taxi cab to pay itself off. I’m sure Uber has been working towards this as well.

1 Like

I bring my kids to kindergarten and school with my e-board-trailer

@E-Boarding can you post a piccie of this trailer? I totally want to see a trailer you can attach to your e-board!

Thanks,

1 Like

I also want to see the trailer. I’ve pulled around some really big wheeled luggage at 25mph and it worked great. Easy. If I had one of these during the concerts in golden gate park where there are no cars allowed it would be easy bucks

Bike messengers have been eyeing it and giving a thinking twist of the head.

check out this article on a company called zoox Developing driverless cars. A lot of ex tesla employees

“We actually see ourselves as a robotics company, not an automotive company. And I think when you look at mobility through that lens, you start thinking differently.”

“We don’t need a forward windshield, we don’t need a steering wheel, we don’t need side mirrors, we don’t need windscreen wipers. We actually want to optimise the architecture for machine vision, not human vision,” he said.

Interesting…

The car is almost always overkill for the job. I hope the future is something smaller. Out of the way

If only it doesn’t rain all the time here in the PNW.

several people had different ideas:

and there is one person who added a bike-trailer but I don’t have a pic

1 Like

I like the last pic… :smiley: could be easly modified to just carry a backpack or something…

I imagine this to be very handy for situations when you need to carry a laptop with you…

Otherwise, carrying it in your backpack… and then for some odd reason falling on your back would not be nice :smiley: probably less harm to the person but not so great for the laptop…

@E-Boarding - I love this! File under things I would never have thought of :slight_smile:

Thank you for posting.

Here’s some more, I hope the author does not mind, as it is from the ES forum:

Author of these: Freshair Link to his profile: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=37049

link to the topic:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=71706&start=50

1 Like

reminds me of one of my older versions but the kids fall off to often https://www.instagram.com/p/4PV9KpD2xs/?taken-by=eboarding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGZYQBJ_A4Y

hah you already got a ‘‘wagon’’ there :smiley:

nice naming calling it a train already

Why the narrow tires for the 2nd board?

Also you have swapped the tires for the electric board… can you comment on the tire choice? Is it purely for clearance / vibration dampening or you encountered something else, too?

it was for vibration damping and comfort ride to get over cracks but flat tires sucked

Here is the missing bike-trailer pic one guy postet on the evolve facebook group

1 Like

actually looks good, could work quite well it seems… now we just need someone who makes these eboard trailers haha :smiley: