What makes your board feel premium?

A board feels premium when it handles well (good VESC settings), and doesn’t sound like it will rattle itself to death when riding - good bearings, snug screws, firm enclosures with no free objects such as connectors which cause rattling noise.

Maybe a little emotional, but for me premium is, when i build it by my self… i can’t describe it better. But to choose the component, modding the deck, creating a small peace of art is for me not only uniqe, it’s a kind of premium too. And then it is almost no matter, that the break are not smooth, or it’s just lipo pack and not a 12s4p or the enclosure is just a lunchbox, or what ever. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yea I should make a post about the Trampa… I’m just so lazy man haha. Soon…

premium to me is freaking not hurt my knees or numbing my feet.

and not stucking to potholes and fly

and let me ride more than 50kmh without speed wable of death.

1 Like

also climb actual 30% hill

more range than boosted

1 Like

I need to add, a board is premium when you go over potholes and bad roads and there is not a single rattle from the wheels and electronics inside the enclosure, when it feels compact and built like one piece

5 Likes

The first thing I immediately notice is premium wheels. It makes a world of difference.

2 Likes

I accomplished that “premium feeling” with my Trampa build, with dual Trampa VESCs SIX, it finally is reliable. I can hose it down after muddy ride and not worry about electronics and battery being soaked with water. Power delivery and brakes are smooth when You need them to be, and also extremely powerfull. @rpasichnyk metr.app is another feature that makes it “premium”. Last thing You want to have in a “premium board” is great finish, what I mean are nicely finished, quality parts, right materials (stainless screws if you plan to ride in the rain or mud), right parts connections that make the board tough and durable (using screws instead of using glue or shitty double sided tape).

My Trampa eMTB

4 Likes

Couple people have said this but wheels and quality skate hardware. If you have a bad esc the ride won’t feel good while accelerating and braking. If you had bad wheels and bad hardware your ride is not going to feel good as soon as you step on the board.

1 Like

This. This feels so premium. It’s a $200 deck though. Feels broken in and so comfy under my feet. The Concave is perfect.

2 Likes

hall sensors are amazing to improve the smoothness and authority of low speed acceleration.

Also lights. I like lights. My last build had a switchable high-low beam headlight and a tail light that brightens when you apply the brakes.

2 Likes

some soap on the truck pivot

1 Like