What mountainboard do you use?

What mountain board did u use to make electric? I am going to start an eMTB build in the coming months and was wondering what board to use. Trampa Is the obvious choice, but they are $600 (Ish). . I don’t mind spending the money, just wondering what replacements or comps are out there…

Thanks for the help! JLabs

Boom! This deck https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0077POC8W/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469205668&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=zebra+longboard+deck with Trampa trucks and Wheels would be epic!!

Trampa 4 life.

Which drive gear though? I’m looking into an offroad setup myself.

i like trampa decks with flame trucks (dirtpipe) and wheels(Cryptics with 9" stryker tires).

@Nowind makes a pretty killer mount / drive system for trampa. @barajabali used his mounts for his build

E-Toxx chain drive. (from @Nowind)

Would the trampa tires be able to go over sand, like at the beach? Thanks for the link

Hard Sand will be possible. But for loose dry sand you need bigger wider tires.

You can test to decrease the air pressure on the Striker´s, so you get less surface pressure. I did this often for kitelandboarding, it makes a big difference!

Depends on the type of sand. On some harder sand it will work, but with way less grip. On soft, fine sand, you will sink, no chance to get traction.

This is not only for trampa tires, even eMTBs have their limitations.

Along these lines, I’d like to know if anyone uses a mountainboard for commuting. I’ve always imagined it would be impractical to take an mountainboard on a train or into a store. Does anyone do it?

Late Post I know… :smiley:

I took my mountainboard into a store once… was a real burden to carry it around… glad I did not have to buy a lot of things :smiley:

That’s why I think it is a good idea to follow @paragon and build a ‘‘hybrid’’ board… = Short deck with pneumatic wheels

1 Like

Super late post. Lol. Before i start a new thread. Anything happen that has made riding on the beach (loose sand) better in the past few years. image

I think this would warrant it.

I went with MBS. I wanted a Trampa deck, and then I would get Trampa wheels and tires, MBS bindings, heel straps and trucks, but it was going to be even more pricey, so I just went with the Comp 95 “Birds,” order the Pro 97, but by there mistake they offer sold it, and offered me a better deal for everything together!

E-Toxx gears drives are awesome, but out of my budget for now, so I went with motor mounts and belt/ pullies from IdeaTB.