What protective gear do you use excluding the helmet?

@Deckoz

Asphalt and bones at speed don’t mix.

giphy

3 Likes

Just ordered one of these:

6 Likes

The thunders are great gloves too. Sector9 leather gloves selection is just on point all around.

1 Like

Motonosity has that on youtube it’s cool

1 Like

@Deckoz hell ya man!

I wear (in addition to TSG Pass):

S9 elbow pads S9 knee pads Wrist guards

Always. Even if I’m just derping around. Even on “tests.” Even when it’s not a “serious ride”

2 Likes

I wear a skateboard helmet a ski mask(Most people hate me because of this) because my ears get cold and before I ride I pray that I don’t fall and get scrapped up.

I personally wear a motorcycle jacket, bike helmet and mechanix mpact gloves. I’ve taken a few spills at speed (~18-20mph), tucked and roll but the motorcycle jacket have proved its worth. saved my shoulder and elbows, I was able to jump up right away and keep skating.

not too different…

• TSG Pass
  • Mace Armored Mountain bike gloves / TSG Worker
  • Dainese Soft Skins Elbow or Alpinestars Bionic Jacket 2 MX Motocross with spine for speed runs
  • TSG Riot Shin Pad Socks
  • TSG DHP
  • Triple 8 T8 Bum Saver Shorts
2 Likes

20 minutes later.

Just saying. Time for a new Pass…

4 Likes

when that happen man

Gloves and sunglasses. My eyes are just filled with dust and so are my fingernails after a long run. :unamused:

To much brakes introduced the warbles lol. More specifically I forgot to set to a reasonable battery regen value… Lol -50 per esc… Oops meant -15 lol. all the stopping power.

Are tsg helmets a one use item?

All helmets are a one use item. While my pass has minor scratches. I high sided in the 25-35mph range and smacked it pretty good. I wouldn’t wear it again.

3 Likes

Ahh ok, I thought it was just minor scratches

TSG might have a trade-in thing where you can return it for a new one

Why would they do that lol so they can pay to bin it?:joy:

What’s your opinion on shoulder pads?

Lol after yesterday… I want one lol… The high side landing on my shoulder blade/spine protector overstretched my upper bicep tendon, coracohumeral ligament, and have a swollen subdeltoid bursa from being smooshed against the acromion . Impact was to the rear of the body but overstretched these on its way to a dislocated shoulder pushing out the front.

I’m actually trying to find a shoulder pad now. That can be worn under a kevlar shirt…for my leading shoulder as this is the 3rd time I’ve injured it. Lol

Damn lol…after seeing the amount of shoulder injuries from MTB and MX, I started wondering if it was a good idea to do it for esk8 too…that answers the question.

Though…some recommended hard plastic protectors too, so during an accident you can slide a bit. Not sure how viable this is though for shoulder and back protectors.

1 Like