What recommendations on bushings for a heavier rider

I weigh 185 lbs (84 kg) and I have a raptor board. I have the bushings maxed out for the skate tool they come with and still a little too loose for my taste. Wondering would be a good recommendation to step up to? I like having the flexibility to throw my weight to get the board to carve but its still a little too wobbly once I get to higher speeds.

I know there are different profiles…is there one that is kind of agreed upon for the community?

For RKP trucks the standard is double barrel. If you’re maxing out the tightness your should move to a higher durometer. There’s no general recommendation because it varies so much by personal preference and the other variables of your build.

So order a few sets and try them out. That’s the best way to find what you like!

1 Like

Lol nice analogy.

Right now it feels too tight on slow stuff…like trying to carve…but immediately feels too loose at higher speeds.

I rather a stiffer ride than loose at high speeds.

I don’t care about buying a few bushings to figure it out but I’m not sure what the stock bushings are durometer wise and profile wise so just looking for some insight moving forward.

Good info. I’ll look into this and try it out.

1 Like

Also any info on the stock raptor bushing durometer for comparison?

Recently bought 90A Venom barrel bushings to replace my stock Enertion truck bushings and so far they’ve been pretty good. Turning radius is a bit better and speeds wobbles at higher speeds is less of an issue. I’m ~90KG btw

2 Likes

Most stock bushings come in at the high 80’s or low 90’s but but durometer is only one measure of a bushings’s performance. Rebound, the shape of the bushing and the compound itself have a lot to do with how they respond as well as the type of washers you are using. If you have tightened the bushing down and it is still too loose, are you using flat or cupped washers on the bushings? As for wobble, the bulk of wobbles come from your weight placement on the board as well as running a steep angled truck front and rear. Your weight needs to be over the front truck so you move with the turning moment. If you weight is on the rear, you are behind the front’s motion and it progressively gets worse leading to wider and wider wobbles until you depart the board. The next time you start to feel the wobs weight the front truck and relax, yes, RELAX your legs and keep the throttle even. This is you best chance to ride it out. The best way for wobble issues is to design it out of the board completely by using a steeper angled front truck than rear. We call this a split set up and it is what most Downhill racers use!

6 Likes

I’m at 225lbs (+/-10lbs around the holidays/summertime) I use Riptide Krank 93A duro boardside and 87A duro roadside. I have em’ locked down into some amish cupped washers. More restrictive, but you don’t have to crank them down hard to get them right. When you do, it just takes a turn or two and they stiffen up really nice. Riptide WFB Pivot…These suckers really transform the feel a lot. IMO

2 Likes