What vesc should i get

I use canbus it works fine. I run one power supply for both vanda’s I haven’t had any problems with then. Over 50 miles I believe I have on them if not more. 10s4p

Mmm interesting when i left the sk8 community can was the only way to run 2 motors at least i dont remember this veing an option, can u elaborate on how this would work? Or is the there a threat talking bout this?

Don’t say it’s not working but you have different potentials on different vescs. Google about it and you will understand that it is not a good idea to do so :wink:

1 Like

I wonder how you can skate without to making pipi in your pans every single time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

Yes split ppm might have his advantages as well has CAN bus does. It’s always up to the person and which features are important for this person. I wouldn’t want to miss traction control on a mtb. With split ppm thats not possible.

And what if I say you your receiver can break down as well :scream: :tipping_hand_man:

1 Like

You’re saying it’s not a good idea to run one power supply for two vests. I have both of vesc connected as one. Master runs the left motor slave runs the right. I don’t even get overheating problems

No I mean it’s not good to use one power supply for every vesc and than connect them via CAN bus. So two power supplies and CAN, bad idea. One power supply and parallel plug and CAN, good idea.

My bad I mixed that up in your comment. All good :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes sir I concur.

1 Like

Are you saying dont use two 10s4p packs trampa Push for this on there boards well 12s lipo on each motor

Some remotes, like this one

https://forum./t/how-to-bind-the-mini-remote/95

allow you to bind 2 receivers. Just hook one receiver up to each ESC. Easy-peasy

Add loads of excess electrical components to your build with a history of failure unnecessarily in order to make it more robust.

1 Like

You can look up the wiring diagram here. Also trampa use only one power supply for both vescs. Both vescs are connected parallel to the battery.

I like the way they do there loop key

Two power supplies, two VESCs and CAN works a treat on VESC 6. We do that all day long.

1 Like

Nice to know!

So what i get wrong on your wiring diagram @trampa ? Looks like i‘m totally stupid, but I don’t see that second battery for the second vesc and that i mean seriously. I don’t get it.

image image

1 Like

I picked that up wrong but it is 2 12s lipos

i fully agree. the only one i have seen that doesnt have severe issues with 2 vescs on 1 PCB is the flipsky 6.6 dual

the dual 6.6+ (antispark) appears to have issues with the switch breaking.

I am just waiting for flipsky to make a single 100a vesc…

In most cases people prefer one big battery, since charging is a lot more convenient. The VESC 6 is happy to run of its own battery while being CAN connected. No worries!

They also had this in their website

3 Likes

So i did see it

2 Likes

That now make more sense.

I didn’t see that one. That’s why I was wondering.

2 Likes