What would a deck need to be considered the greatest?

After trying to buy the perfect board, I have decided just to build one from scratch. I have no experience with building boards, and I’ve never even eskated before. That said, I still think I’ll be able to build something decent since I’ve been riding high-end boards and prototypes since the beginning of high school. Since a decade has passed since I first got into longboarding, I figured it’s time that I finally start contributing to the culture.

Since I’m building something to fill my needs, I’m leaning towards building a low-profile; small to midsize cruising deck with an integrated battery/electronic compartment, a relatively lightweight, stiff deck, and tough/strong/robust build quality.

I’m leaning towards making it primarily out of carbon fiber, though I can be convinced to use different materials instead. If I can make something that I’m proud of, I’d consider selling it if people are interested, but this isn’t an advertisement tbh, I’m just trying to make a deck worth owning.

Any advice, however trivial, would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to leave any complaints/issues that you have with other boards or companies. Also, if there are any threads or links you think I should check out, just post them or message me. I am still a noob in terms of electronics/drivetrains, so I know I can always learn more.

2 Likes

it would need to be the perfect fit for your needs. Maybe you could use a rails system to adjust the foot positioning and truck everything to create such perfect setup.

1 Like

I’ve never hear of a rail system before. Does anyone else make a board with a rail design? If so, I’d like to check out their products for inspiration. I wanted to incorporate something like rails on the underside to help protect the board when going off curbs, but I don’t think that’s what you had in mind.

1 Like

I mean rows of holes, like on the ends of some decks for moving everything though. drop, concave pads and all sorts of stuff.

You are asking for the best deck and I think a modular deck is what you want.

1 Like

If I can keep the strength, I’ll probably try to do that. I’m not into drop throughs (I found top mounts plenty stable enough for DH, and I like the extra clearance), but I’ll probably incorporate it just to cover as many bases as possible

1 Like

Just design some thing like this:

image that also lets you change the drop amount/distance. Then adj baseplate and footpads/bindings that you adjust then boom. Best deck

1 Like

Who makes that board? that rail thing just looks like a mostly solid piece of aluminum, so I can definitely see incorporating something like this on a larger build.

2 Likes

join the non abondoned ofrum

2 Likes