What's the difference between a VESC-X and VESC 4.11?

What’s the difference between a VESC-X and VESC 4.11? The schematics are the same. Should I go with the VESC-X or VESC 4.11? Where can I find the schematics for FOCBOX Unity and Flipsky’s VESCs?

Thanks

Enertion / Flipsky’s ESCs aren’t open source. VESC-X Is the old name for the single enertion focbox (iirc) which is now discontinued, and is just another version of the VESC PCB, I’ve not ever seen anyone printing 4.11 though, 4.12 and 4.20 are both out

Enertion / Flipsky’s ESCs aren’t open source.

Aren’t they based on VESC? If yes, their schematics should be open-source right?

VESC-X Is the old name for the single enertion focbox (iirc) which is now discontinued, and is just another version of the VESC PCB

So both VESC-X and VESC 4 from Vedder are the same? I read somewhere VESC-X fixed the frequently blowing out of the VESC 4 using a different DRV chip. I am not sure, will be great if you can clarify. Should I follow the VESC-X schematic or the one from Vedder’s Github page?

I’ve not ever seen anyone printing 4.11 though, 4.12 and 4.20 are both out

I am not able to find schematics for the 4.12 and 4.20 versions. I have a schematic for 4.11 version that I got Vedder’s blog.

Aren’t they based on VESC? If yes, their schematics should be open-source right?

They have put a lot into the design of them, they don’t have to be open source.

So both VESC-X and VESC 4 from Vedder are the same?

Not to my knowledge, iirc VESC4 has some improvements on an older version of VESC 4.XX from vedder directly. If the public VESC-X is better than the latest open source VESC-4.XX I don’t actually know. I do know the last version of the FOCBOX which was released probably was the best VESC 4.

I don’t think I know enough about PCB Design to comment on which you should go for, so I’d suggest you make a post over on https://forum. to get replies from the brighter minds

Cool! Thanks!

My Vesc-x looks identical to my other focbox.

Do you mean the circuit looks identical?

Idk how each circuit looks like, but the pcb and components look similar

Sorry, but I am not able to find anything newer than 4.12. The link you have provided now is same as the one you gave before. Both have schematics only for 4.12.

Thanks