What's the difference in performance between dual a 6374 and dual 6355?

Wow that differen is huuuge. Must be possible to notice difference of 6364 and 74 indeed.

@trampa time to get 6374 in your complete board kits. I won’t go for anything less since those fit with kaly’s mounts.

1 Like

I have a few question for my build.

Is there a thread someone there gives the rundown on all ESCS? I’m hearing a million terms thrown around/ scandals stealing names for VESC etc. etc.

Anyone here used the vedder antispark that also has the power button on it? Seems like that would be a better solution that a key setup.

How are you guys making the battery enclosure fully waterproof? Or is it not actually waterproof in some cases?

Thanks for the help!

If your wondering about the perforfance of a 6374, I have a single drive 12S system geared 20-32 so its a speed deamon.

it works really well at all speeds and accelerates very decently even up hill. at medium speeds the acceleration is insane aswell as the breaking so I personally will never go with the smaller 55 even in a dual setup

@[quote=“Kaly, post:46, topic:25902”] For a charger you can always count on the battery support ones really good so far [/quote]

@kaly that charger is pretty nice and quick, but I don’t know why it doesn’t work as soon as you plug it in. You need to disconnect the power from the charger wait 10 seconds and plug it back again to the power outlet and it’ll start charging.

Have you got a work around on this?

Nope that’s the only way it works But I can deal with that as long as is reliable

1 Like

Same here, I use that charger and it operates a little odd but works so I am ok with that

So you guys plug in the charger to the wall, then to the board, then unplug from wall for 10 sec, then plug back into wall? That’s peculiar. Perhaps it’s some sudden voltage safety mechanism.

1 Like

The cutoff voltage seem to activate a relay that won’t release until it’s powered off

2*6374 - 2*6355 = 38

38 is your answer

10 Likes

Got my dual 6374’s up and running. I am loving the feel of the extra wide wheel base with these @torqueboards 218mm trucks! Using soft double barrel bushings greased with soap for buttery smooth carving and the it feels amazingly stable. I do notice the increased torque over my 6355’s although I am a bit conservative when it comes to acceleration. The brakes do feel stronger and it seems that when coasting, there is noticeably more drag than with 6355’s due to the larger magnets. Going up the same 10% hill takes less throttle with the 6374’s than with the 6355’s. I am running 9mm belts and having no issues with belt skip or belts breaking.

9 Likes

So it doesn’t float the charge voltage once it reaches the cutoff? Seems like your cells will drift overtime if it doesn’t trickle charge.

Sweet setup Namasaki, you do have room for 12 or ever 15mm belts though, you won’t feel more drag I promisse :smiley:

I left the axles long incase I needed to go wider. So far the 9mm are doing fine so I have no reason to buy new pulleys and belts. After a while if all is still good, i may extend the threads and then trim the axles. I’m currently using spacers between the wheels and axle nuts

Nice, these aren’t readily available in the EU, wondering if caliber fifty (10" afaik) would also suffice for dual 6374?

Eboosted so you’re holding down throttle to the max from a standstill (or 1mph) till you reach top speed pulling over 3000 watts with dual 6355 motors. And it still feels slow in comparison?

What’s your battery setup for this? I have currently setup a 9S lipo 8mAh 6374 192kv, and was wondering I’d adding another motor/vesc would be bad on the battery.

Yes the dual 6355s feel slow once you make a full throttle with the 6374s, I’m not talking about final speed but acceleration and smoothness.

Try them, you won’t go back.

I’m running same battery and gearing as my dual 6355 build.

10s 5ah 60C Lipo pack

1 Like

Are you running yours in FOC mode? I’m running mine in BLDC mode and they are a bit noisy.

How do you know you maxed out 6355s? Can you post screenshots after a ride if you have a phone app for both setups. I get bigger is more powerful but we’re limited to what vesc and/or what 18650s can handle. So everything else being the same; kv, voltage, settings, gearing, wheels, rider weight, 100% throttle. So my question is are 6374s still faster, are the bigger motors more efficient?