Wheel pulleys for 107mm Flywheels

Measured them up today:

76mm, 83mm clone, 97mm and Clone, 107mm E-Flywheel.

I measured each (front and back) in case any differences:

76mm - 83mm clone - 97mm and Clone - all 15mm. 107mm E-Fly:

27mm!

Would love to see a spacer could print to use these easily. Or more dedicated gears setup for them - like Altered, but maybe without needing to remove hanger material.

Edit - pictures showing correctly? Google photos vs Picasa… pita.

5 Likes

Mhhh my E flys have black core :confused: i wonder what boards you use for them?

Do yours also have the same 27mm offset?

No, they’re center set

Just got the 107’s on a Quinny lingboard stroller we got for my kid. They are HUGE!

and they have black centerset core/spokes?

Looks like it!

1 Like

So after riding this longboard stroller thing this morning with my little man, I’m gonna do a build with these for sure.

Much much more comfy than my 80mm Kegels.

So, a) where the hell do you buy them? b) if anyone wants to do a group buy for the correct pulley, then I’m in for at least 4 pulleys?

G

I sell these wheels if you want them, let me know.

Hey! I’m making the flywheel pulleys now. can you tell me what this dimension is, the edge where the conical portion meets the back of the wheel? I only need it for the 83mm and or also the 97 just to see if it’s compatible because I dont actually own flywheels and modeling this blind is a little trickier than anticipated.

@JuniorPotato93 Please take note that the 107’s are also deeper 27mm compared to 15mm on the 76,83,90,97’s

Sorry, bad phrasing, I meant are they 27mm from the outside to the beginning of the bearing housing, like @sl33py measured?

I’m only making the 15mm version right now. I dont own any flywheel’s or clones so I’m fulfilling the request to make them but am using the mating portion of this STL and changing the pulley to 34-44. My issue is the 42T pulley is larger than the 40T and I dont know if the pulley sits recessed in the wheel or proud so the teeth could be hitting the back of the wheel, not allowing for it to sit properly against the wheel and hub, but I dont know.

With 15mm depth and the dimension of that ring I would know though which is why i want to know what it is.

1 Like

For anyone viewing this thread, has anyone got any photos of / links to builds done with the 107’s?

Built a board using these wheels some time ago. This board is built for cruising. Ultra smooth and rolls over anything. I don’t think Abec makes these wheels with the black cores any more. I think the black cores represent a 75a durometer. The wheels are mounted on Paris 195 trucks. The pulleys (9mm) and mounts are from TorqueBoard with the exception of the motor pulley a 19t. Motors are HK Sk3 245kv. Two things need to be done in order to use these wheels. The trucks need to be turned down to mount the motor mount in far enough and a wheel spacer needs to made up. Already planning another build with these wheels. Already have the wheels and a 40T wheel pulley made.

2 Likes

Chaka, you sell the ABEC 107mm wheels or the wheel pulleys that work with the 107mm?

Right now we are just selling the wheels but we will have pulleys soon. They will be included with our new drivtrain package.

1 Like

@cdn what wheel pulleys did you use, just the standard Torqueboard set he still sells in his website for old build? And the new build where did you source the 40T wheel pulley? Lastly, given you have to mount the motors so far in, what is the largest motor mm that still fits in a dual rear mount configuration? Or is only dual diagonal possible? Thanks!!

@chaka do you have a feel for timing for you offering 107mm wheel pulleys? And where can I learn more about your new drive train offering? I just got your VESCs delivery so filling out the rest of my next build!

It is hard to say at the moment. We decided to move all prototyping “in house” and this going to take some time to setup machinery and space.