Wheels lock up when braking

Hey guys, I have an esc and belt driven motor and when the brakes are applied they lock the wheel up and skid on. The brakes seem to be too strong and have no gradualness to stop the board. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have a dickyho ESC, 270kv motor and 70mm wheels. Thanks

You’re boned as far as I know, you have to very very gently pull down, keep part of your thumb on the case for more control (I’m using the same thing)

Maybe your not pressing down on the back when braking

I’ve never had a issues with the esc combo, I was using dual 5055 and 270kv

@AlanZhou I’m using you’re old drivetrain and that ESC, it stops like there’s no tomorrow, I just lean back really hard or I face plant

Have you never had brakes? That’s what @ARetardedPillow taught me

You should try some dual 6374’s at -60a per motor

Gonna be using dual MTO 6355 at -65 each one day if that counts

It’s not even gonna be a compareson between 6355 and 6374

Isn’t an amp an amp at the end of the day?

Nope -65 amp on a 6374 is way stronger than on a 6355

You can’t compare let’s say 80a on a 6355 and 80a on a 6374

There is a huge torque difference

1 Like

Can’t you get like 100+ on an 8084?

Huh? 100a is possible on a 6374 lol :rofl: don’t ask how I know

My lunch period is almost over :sob:

That can’t have been a smart choice by any standard… I need it to be lunch, I hate 5 hours straight of classes

Anyways it’s fine for the motor many people do it.

@freddyfred01 In general that ESC cannot be configured, you can set it to 6s and a 6s battery and it will have less oomph but it will also be slower, you just gotta be careful, or use mechnical brakes

Could the gear ratio and small size wheels causes the brake to act super Strong. I have a board with dickyho esc running on 10s, 15/40 gears, 90mm wheels and the brake is ok.