When is VESC 6 coming?

AFAIK SMD can be done with both wave and reflow? I guess reflow is more efficient in this case?

Yeah, that is the real cost right there, stopping the machine to load components for a short run…

Yes in theory. Wave soldering smd components requires to change the pcb design accordingly: rectangular chips must travel (during the assembly) with the short side perpendicular to the “tin wave”, components hight must not exceed a certain height…

1 Like

thanks for the info @fedestanco - that makes a lot of sense.

I have ask my Vesc producer how much cost so one machine. He say over 250.000€ :confounded: Can this be true? YAMAHA YS12F

1 Like

@Vanarian aren’t you already working on a VESC6 alternative?

There are alternatives: FocBox Ollin ESC 1.1 and ESK8 1.1 controller All have direct fets on it what is better for cooling But the Vesc6 has much more than the 4.12 does not have. But you need it for an electroboard?

We will start selling our own VESC. so far all of the test of our VESC are run smooth, and we will sell start officially when all test are finished.

Is it vesc6 based? Do you have details, pics you can share?

It’s only vesc4 based now. The first version we start to sell is base on vesc4, but after it , we also will selling the vesc6 based, are you interest in it?

Is it using the 4.12 bom? Any upgrades?

1 Like

What are the changes to the vesc4.12 BOM on your board, or is it identical?

took me about 2hrs for 2 I had bought 4 pcb destroyed 1 and have 1 left.

2 Likes

I would love to do this once i have the time to learn and money to waste because for sure I will blow one up :smiley:

I spent about 600$ with tools to make 4 and blew one so about 200$ per vesc 6 on my end but I can make a 4th with just a new pcb, drv and some small parts :smiley: so lets say 630$ for 4.

1 Like

Cheaper to buy it from @stewii , if you are looking to save money, but for fun its worth it

I bought my boards from him. I was looking for a challenge and a reason to buy a smd rework station.

1 Like

Hello Acido,

Don’t know if you’re still looking for VESC6 to buy, but here’s a link in France : https://www.unikboards.com/en/boutique/vesc-6/

For the VESC 6, what is the greatest advantage of VESC 6 than other ESC. I want to buy one, but I still not very clear the advantage of it.

Can handle a lot more amps than regular one And has a higher erpn limit

This is just untrue… The VESC 4 is proof enough that there are both cheap and expensive ways of producing it. Component cost can be cut alot more then 2% if you choose the cheapest set of components. Quality of the product will follow.