When the world trolls you? Share your skate trolls

Yeah, I love telling that story. Should be a movie damn it :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

So the first day I pulled up to work on my Riptide r1 a bunch of my co-workers were outside smoking cigarettes. My buddy Mike asked if he could try it. He asked how to control the board and I told him just to lean forward and back when you want to go or break. He didn’t want to go very fast so I was able to keep up with him and not let him notice the remote in my hand. He got comfortable and wanted to take it down the block. This time anytime he wanted to go I didn’t touch the remote. he repeated to lean forward harder and harder over and over again. After about 10 trys I put the board in reverse. Long story short im an asshole friend and he ended up getting the day off after landing on his face.

11 Likes

There is one company that will prank you in a similar way…for around 900 USD, you can have (more or less functioning) weight control.

1 Like

late reply here but i have to agree. those remotes are sooo good. just so much room for input variability compared to some of the thumb style ones.

1 Like

I use a trigger style remote and that’s all I’ve really ever used for my own board for 3+ years so I’m damn used to it.

During one particular group ride with a bunch of people in my city, I swapped to someone else’s board. This board used a thumb control type of remote, which when you pull towards you, you brake, but with my trigger remote if you pull towards you, it accelerates. You can see where this is going…

On top of that, I was holding a 2500 eur camera setup to get sick shots of the group ride. Suddenly, everyone in front of me slams the brakes, I see it too late, and my instinct reaction is to lean backwards, and brake (obviously). But instead of braking, I hit full accelerate as that’s the direction I was used to pressing for brake. Board FLIES out from under me, I go on my ass, slam the camera on the ground, breaking the 1000 eur lens. Vape in my back pocket completely busted, beer in my backpack exploded over laptop, and some pretty nasty cuts on my arm.

Didn’t ruin my fun though :smiley:

2 Likes

Bump

2 Likes